Options

Volcano erruption

I am travelling on this tour at the brginning of October this tear and am wondering how the volcano erruption will impact on it as I believe the area going into Argentina is covered with ash Could someone from Tauck answer this please

Comments

• Options
    I'm on this tour in late October & was wondering the same thing as Pippa. Definately changes the landscape & some of the pictures of the Nahuel Huapi/Bariloche areas are pretty awesome. Mother Nature has a way of reminding us who is in charge!
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Hi Pippa, OlySue,

Tauck continues to monitor developments relating to volcano eruptions in this area on an ongoing basis. With regards to this particular journey, none of our venues have been affected and currently the itinerary will progress as planned.

As always, the safety and security of our guests and employees remain our highest priority.

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    Can we get an update on this from Tauck.

I saw the following today:

Argentina: Disruption to Aerolíneas Argentinas, LAN Airlines flights persists due to volcanic activity.

National carrier Aerolíneas Argentinas has stated that an ash cloud produced by ongoing volcanic activity at the Puyehue volcano (Chile) continues to affect its domestic flights. It has cancelled services to and from the following airports:

Teniente Luis Candelaria International Airport (BRC), which serves the city of San Carlos de Bariloche (Río Negro province), until 9 September Aviador Carlos Campus Airport (CPC), which serves the city of San Martin de Los Andes and the Chapelco mountain (both Neuquén province), until 10 September
    In addition, the Chile-based carrier LAN Airlines has cancelled flights to and from Jorge Newbery (APE, known locally as Aeroparque), which serves the capital Buenos Aires, and Teniente Luis Candelaria airports until 20 September.

Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.