Options

'A week in London and Paris' for 1 July 2012

Looking for info on 'A week in London and Paris' for 1 July 2012.

Comments

• Options
    What kind of info do you need? We are on the same tour in July.

Sheila
  • Options
    Sorry, meant to say we "were" on this tour in July. The brochure for 2012 should be out in September. Call their 800 number to find out when in September.

Sheila
  • Options
    I'm waiting for Tauck to quote the price for the 1 July 2012 trip.
  • Options
    How was your trip, it sounds so interesting.
  • Options
    Have you been to London/Paris before? We had been many times and took our 18 year old granddaughter before she started college. We went in a day earlier and spent an extra day in Paris. If you stay at Tauck's hotels, pickup at the airport and dropoff at the airport are included. We used American Express points for the extra night in Paris. It was a very nice tour. I'm just putting the photos in an album for our granddaughter. Bring lots of money -- they are two of the most expensive cities in the World. The guide will give you printed list of suggestions for restaurants near the hotels. If you want to keep in touch via internet, I suggest Starbucks (they are located all around the hotels). With a minimum purchase, you can use your iPad or laptop there. The hotels wanted over 25 Euros a day. When you get to the Paris hotel ask the Concierge to get you tickets to the Eiffel Tower. My DH went on Sunday morning at 9:00 a.m. when the lines were less. In summertime, the lines are long. The Intercontinental is located across the street from the Paris Opera House. This is a MUST SEE. There is a tour in English around 11:00 a.m. Last time we were in Paris, it was closed for renovation.

If you want any more info, just ask. We're going on tour number 18 with Tauck when we go to India next March.

Sheila
  • Options
    Sheila,

We are also hoping to spend some extra days in Paris but the hotel seems quite expensive. Are the rooms full price or is there a Tauck discount?

Thanks for all of you're insights.

Cindy
This discussion has been closed.