Baggage, specifically carry on

I've read the posts and the moderator has been pretty specific about regular luggage. I am also wondering about the "carry on" bag. I think most of the travel within the country is by plane so would like some specifics about carry on within China as I have some items I need with me. I am assuming the bus travel is day trips so some small bag is adequate. Can the moderator please help out with this aspect of the "luggage?" Also, on the Sept. 6 China trip, what is the likely range of temps we will experience? Thank you...

Comments

• A few years ago, we started using backpacks instead of wheeled carryons and found them to be much easier to take on and off of trains, buses, and planes. Backpacks with various zipper compartments make it easy to carry a sweater or jacket, cameras, kindle or i-pad, snacks, tissues, etc.

Keep in mind that, in China, you can't pack ANY liquids in your carryons on planes - not even those little bottles of shampoo. All liquids must go in your luggage.

We left on October 21, so I am unable to comment on September weather.

Whoops, I wrote this whole thing and then I realized that you already left on your trip! Well, I'll leave this post on in case anyone else has a similar question!
This discussion has been closed.