Options

Spotlight on Intdia

My husband and I are going on the Sept. 30,2011 trip. We are coming in a day earlier to recover from the flight. This is our 6th Tauck trip and we are looking forward to another wonderful adventure. Anyone else booked on this trip?

Comments

• Options
    Hi,

We are booked for this tour March 2, 2012. When you return, would love to read all about it. This will be our 17th tour with Tauck.

Sheila M.
  • Options
    Hi! I am booked for this trip Dec.2,2011. Anyone going on this one? I've been told it is full. 34 people. Would love to hear from the other 33!! I am traveling solo for the first time; usually go with my daughter or a friend, but this one didn't fit their schedules. This will be my first trip with Tauck so I'd love any tips and pointers you may have for me!
    Thanks,
    Suzie
  • Options
    My husband and I are considering this trip for February 2012. This will be our first Tauck tour. For those of you that have travelled with Tauck before, can you tell me what kind of travellers you are or have travelled with? My husband and I are 56 and relatively active. Is Tauck a good fit for us?
  • Options
    We are taking this tour in March 2012 and are in our 70's. We have been to Machu Pichu, the Galapagos, Egypt and Jordan and my DH has taken them to Africa. You are at the perfect age for Tauck. We started traveling with them 30 years ago and are either on number 17 or 18 trip with them. If you want any more info, go to their Facebook page. The link is on Tauck's webpage at the bottom.

Sheila
  • Options
    I just saw on the CDC website that they recommend malaria prevention medication if you are going to India. I was surprised. I plan to take Malarone if I have to take anything. Anyone else have any thoughts on the malaria risk? I will be on the abbreviated trip (Spotlight on India) so not going down to Mumbai and Kerala.
    Appreciate your insights, as I hate to take medications if they aren't necessary!
    Suzie
  • Options
    Hi Suzie,

I am planning on taking Deet to put on my wrists and ankles. I can't take Malarone because of a liver problem. We are also taking the shorter trip and I'm not concerned. Why don't you ask your doctor's advice?

Please let us know all about the trip when you return.

Sheila
  • Options
    My doctor is about 30 years old and she always refers to the CDC guidelines! Malarone was what I took in Tanzania and I had no problems with it; no adverse side effects. It is just a pain to have to remember to take it around the same time every day! Just thought I'd poll people who are going and who have been to see what they did or are planning to do. I'll be sure to post after I get back!:-)
    Suzie
  • Options
    Hi again Suzie,

My husband took Malarone at dinner time when he went to Africa. He took it in the middle of his meal and had no problem.

Looking forward to your review. Have a great time.

Sheila
This discussion has been closed.