Hotel Transfer from Edinburgh Train Station?

Does anyone know if Tauck provides a hotel transfer if you arrive in Edinburgh by train?

Comments

• I would have thought so. However, to be sure, speak to Tauck directly, giving them all your arrival details. Make sure they have all your informational least 2 weeks ahead of your arrival date.

Cheers,

Jan
  • edited July 2015
    They typically do as long as you are going to the Tauck designated hotel and you have provided your arrival information. However, to quote the Before You Go info it says, "If you are arriving into a local train station please retain a receipt for the transfer and submit it to your Tour Director for reimbursement." I read this to mean they don't provide transportation from a train station to the hotel, but will reimburse you for transportation expenses you have incurred. They will also usually take you to a train station on departure day. Again, quoting from the Before You Go, "Transportation from the Savoy, London to Heathrow or Gatwick Airports or St. Pancras or Waterloo Train Stations is also included when you check out of the hotel."

But I would call to confirm this. It is certainly more convenient to look for someone holding a sign with your name on it and hop in his Tauck arranged car/van/limmo for the ride to the hotel than it is to hail a cab and have to pay out of pocket.
  • They do not. I am leaving by train at the end of Scotland trip in 2 weeks and the train station is a short walk from hotel. There only a select few cities that transfer is included if coming or going by train. I am guessing from what Alan found they will pay you back if you need to take a taxi to the hotel.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file