Northbound on MS.Esprit on July 2nd

Can't wait for the cruise to start on the 2nd of July.
Budapest to Amsterdam. First time on a rivercruise for me.

Comments

• Well, RGM2, you have chosen a lovely route for your first riverboat experience! I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time.

Cheers,

Jan
  • First time for my wife and I also. We are on the same trip. Where are you coming from RGM2? We plan to arrive in Budapest on the 27th to acclimate and do some additional side trips. We will be staying at the Le Meridian. Looking forward to meeting new people and having a good, fun trip.
  • LIV2TRAVEL wrote:
    First time for my wife and I also. We are on the same trip. Where are you coming from RGM2? We plan to arrive in Budapest on the 27th to acclimate and do some additional side trips. We will be staying at the Le Meridian. Looking forward to meeting new people and having a good, fun trip.

I'm getting to Budapest on June 30th just to allow a bit of seeing the city but staying at another hotel. Coming from Canada.
    See you on the ship on the 2nd.
  • Well here we are, June 1st and not too much longer to go on the July 2nd cruise.
  • LIV2TRAVEL

You are the only reply to this July 2nd departure.
    Maybe it means that this will be a very intimate cruise, just you and I !

• We are also scheduled to take the 7/2 cruise from Budapest. This is our 1st Riverboat Cruise and we live in Las Vegas, Nev. We will be celebrating our 45th wedding anniversary on August 1st. Looking forward to this trip as it has been over 30 years since visiting Europe.
  • Well, at least there will be 6 of us. We are coming from San Diego, CA. Hoping for some good weather.
  • My husband and I are very excited about our upcoming 7/2 cruise. Our first river cruise as well. We are arriving on the 27th from our current home in Curitiba, Brazil where we are on an expat assignment. My husband has a few days of business and I'll take in some of the sites. I love Budepest, it's a lovely city, especially at night along the river. Looking forward to meeting everyone and having a memorable trip.
  • Finally people are showing up ! Welcome and will see you soon.

This is also my first river cruise, but I have done a fair amount of researching including trying to learn a few basic words in Hungarian.

I only have two days in Budapest, but have made a few postings to try and help my fellow travelers with the information I found. I'm planning on eating my way through some of the restaurants I found in Budapest.

Do the hop-on-hop-off bus tour, ticket is good for 48 hours and includes a night tour as well.

I've posted all in the Budapest to Amsterdam section. Hope it helps you too.

I have not been in Europe since 1956 and I'm sure there are many changes where ever this trip will take me.
    From Amsterdam I'm taking a train to Berlin for a weeks stay.
  • I've was in Budepest last fall doing the touristy thing while my husband worked. It was during this trip we decided on the river cruise. Loved the city, lots of great places to visit and also eat! No need to learn Hungarian, almost everyone speaks English. I had no difficulty at all getting around. There mass transit trolley car system is one of the best I've seen in Europe. I got a week long pass and was able to get to everyplace I wanted, including crossing the river to the Buda side to see Matthais Church and Buda Castle. I didn't make it to the Thermal Baths last time, forgot my swim suit, so it is on my list for this visit! If you are spending a few days in Budapest and don't mind a pre cruise, I recommend one if the nightly dinner cruises! The city along the river is lit up, and it's just beautiful to see. Great photo ops as well! We booked ours through our hotel, fantastic!
  • edited July 2015
    I just arrived home again after another week in Berlin, Germany.

Well now that everyone is back home I am tying to figure out who the fellow posters for the July 2nd cruise and my fellow passengers were? For some reason I think most people know me by name.

Cheers

Rudy

BTW: Have finally figured out who JHammant, LIVE2TRAVEl and pndale are !!!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file