Options

Seasickness possibilities?

My sister and I are planning on doing this tour in November 2012. I have several questions/concerns and hope someone who did it this year can give some hekp.
1. There are several boat excursions and I am prone to seasickness. I do take pills and use the patches which have been effective for me. Did anyone on your tour have difficulties with this..especially on the jet boat and the catamaran?
2. What kind of weather did you have in November?
3. Did anyone do the hot air balloon ride? Was it worth it?
thanks for any replies.

Comments

• Options
    My sister and I are planning on doing this tour in November 2012. I have several questions/concerns and hope someone who did it this year can give some hekp.
    1. There are several boat excursions and I am prone to seasickness. I do take pills and use the patches which have been effective for me. Did anyone on your tour have difficulties with this..especially on the jet boat and the catamaran?

Hi Judy....I also have issues w/boats, as well as planes, but survived this trip. I used Dramamine and it worked great for me! I found that the boats did not bother me, except for the one in Milford Sound and that was mostly due to the flight before as we took off in bad weather and I didn't take the Dramamine before the flight. I also think from being tired and the combo of the flight + a 2 hour bus ride to the boat caused the boat to bother me, but it was minimal and did not last long.

2. What kind of weather did you have in November?

We just got home under 2 weeks ago and the weather was beautiful! Australia was warm, but not oppressive. New Zealand is cooler and windier at times, but I was fine in a sweatshirt or fleece type of jacket.

3. Did anyone do the hot air balloon ride? Was it worth it?

My mother and I did the balloon ride. It was my first time and I enjoyed it. I was a little disappointed as we did not have much wind and didn't seem to go as high as some of the other balloons which meant we really didn't travel over too much land.

I hope that helps!!

Kathy
This discussion has been closed.