Winter Wonderland in Yellowstone Jan 29th

Are we going to have a Winter Wonderland so far I understand people have not been happy with what has happen in Yellowstone! If we are only going to see the wildlife and the winter wonderland, what do we do if there is very little snow. No snowcoachs needed and no snowmobiles?

Comments

• Hi Barbara,

As far as I'm aware, the tour is still going forward exactly as planned. I've sent your question on to our Guest Relations department, and will put their response here as soon as I have it.

-Tim
  • Tim: Your reply was on Jan 2nd. it is now the 14th. and many of us are wondering what the conditions are like for the Yellowstone trip. I realize weather changes daily, but giving us some idea what is in store for us would be helpful. I know guests don't want to go if there is no snow for the snow coaches and all the other activities that are advertised. Thanks
  • Hi Barbara,

Apologies for the delayed response.

While there is less snow than usual in Yellowstone, there is plenty for the snow coaches to operate and guests are skiing and snow shoeing. Additionally, there is a storm scheduled to arrive today that is predicted to bring over two feet of new snow. We just completed our Winter in Yellowstone event and it went really well – there were no issues with relation to the diminished snow this year.

Hope this helps,

Aaron
  • Aaron: Thanks for your reply to Barbara. I am on the Jan. 28th. tour so I hope much more snow will fall. One question that has not been answered. Usually the first and last night are fairly dressy. Since a lot of cold weather clothes, boots, etc. will be packed is it necessary to bring dress up clothes. Are jeans, levis ok for the above dinners and all other dinners. Since we are allowed one suit case it would be almost impossible to pack winter clothes plus dress up clothes. Hope to hear from you. RAY
  • Retired Coach: On Tauck's website for Wonderland: Yellowstone in Winter, under "Preparing to Go," Tauck indicates that "casual resort wear" is sufficient for the dinners. Hope that this answers your question.
  • Hello Ray,

Comfortable and casual clothing is recommended while in Yellowstone.

For all dinners including the Welcome and Farewell dinners, casual dress is fine. As for men, there is no need to bring a sport coat or blazer; a sweater or fleece is perfect, or whatever you would wear at a ski lodge. Slacks, jeans, sweaters, turtlenecks, etc are appropriate for both men and women.

Hope this helps,
    Emily

• Relax everyone. Snowing like crazy in Yellowstone and snow predicted for everyday in the future.
This discussion has been closed.