Options

Seasickness

My wife and I are considering doing the Treasures of the Aegean tour during the month of May. I am prone to seasickness and worried about sailing on Le Levant, since it is such a small ship. In fact, we were on Le Levant on the Panama Canal tour and I had a real problem when we were in the Carribean. Can anyone tell me how rough the Aegean usually is during the month of May. Will a tour director who has done this tour often please give me his or her advice regarding the risk of seasickness on this tour based on observances of previous guests' experience? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    I too suffer terribly from motion discomfort on any moving vehicle but get complete relief by using "sea bands" which are elastic cloth bracelets worn on your wrist pressure points. You can get them at most good pharmacies. Put them on before you embark they work well when placed in the right position and do not interfere with alcoholic consumption! Hope they work for you!
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    While don't get seasick, I've been on cruises with very rough water - e.g. the Tasman Sea. On that cruise because of a medical emergency they had to disable the stabilizers and increase the speed to get to Hobart the next day. It was difficult to walk in the passageways. The crew estimated that about 40% of the passengers suffered from it that day. I've done two cruises on the Med in the past, and barring a major useasonal storm I wouldn't expect anything like that. I recommend that you see your doctor before you leave and get a prescription for motion sickness patches. Most people report that they're very efffective, On the larger ships with a ship's doctor they usually have them in the dispensary, but I don't know if the Le Levant is that well equipped. I would lay in a supply before you leave.
This discussion has been closed.