Options

Kings and Castles April 8, 2012

I'm taking my 13 1/2 year old grandson on the April 8th tour and I was wondering if anyone else was travelling with children around his age. In addition, we will be spending two days in London prior to the tour and was interested in ideas of where to go - I was planning on going to the Churchill War Rooms, changing of the guards at Buckingham Palace, possiby to Oxford University. Interested in anyone thoughts and suggestions

Thank you
rwags
rgwags@optonline.net

Comments

• Options
    The Churchill War Rooms is a good choice. You might really enjoy the Imperial War Museum as well. Here's a tip for the Changing of the Guard: instead of getting to Buckingham Palace early for a good spot (an hour at least), go to the Wellington Barracks and watch the Guard emerge from there. You can then follow them to the Palace.

Your grandson might enjoy the Tower of London.

Another good place to explore is Westminster Abbey.

• Options
    We will be on this same trip with our two grandsons, age 11 and 13. We care arriving one day early and also think the
    Churchill War rooms are a great way to spend a few hours, especially with boys.
  • Options
    Nana wrote:
    We will be on this same trip with our two grandsons, age 11 and 13. We care arriving one day early and also think the
    Churchill War rooms are a great way to spend a few hours, especially with boys.

Lookig forward to meet you - any other thoughts of places to go?
This discussion has been closed.