Options

Gratuities

Question: Do we make our gratuities to our TD and Driver in American dollars or English pounds? And do we take in the exchange rate?

Comments

• Options
    Dennis O' wrote:
    Question: Do we make our gratuities to our TD and Driver in American dollars or English pounds? And do we take in the exchange rate?

Yes : ) However you want to do it and however much you want to tip (regardless of the Tauck suggested amounts). Your driver will most likely be local to the UK, while your TD will be from? but likely from the US.
  • Options
    I think there is a possibility that the tour director will not be from the US but English, however, it is so easy to exchange foreign currency in the UK compared to in the US, so even if you gave Euros, money is money.
  • Options
    We just did the June 12 tour. Our TD was from Italy now but originally Scotish. We gave in American dollars but I know people also gave in pounds. They would probably prefer pounds, my guess. We calculated based on the Tauck recommended amount in dollars.
  • Options
    As I have said many times -- we simply ask our Tour Director what he or she prefers. Takes the guesswork out of it and they have always appreciated that we wanted to do whatever was easier for them.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file