Budapest to Amsterdam August 28, 2012

We just booked the Budapest to Amsterdam cruise departing August 28, 2012, anyone else booked on this cruise?

Comments

• the budapest to amsterdam cruise is amazing. we did it 2 years ago. make sure you attend the wine tasting in the palace. also, the evening in vienna is magical.
    enjoy!
  • My husband and I just returned from this trip (May 16 - June1). The weather was extremely warm for that region at that time, I would imagine that August will be pretty hot. I wore shorts and t-shirts when on tours during the day. When cruising the mornings were chilly but probably won't be in August. The evening in Vienna will be something you will remember as a highlight of the entire trip. The day that you pass all the castles will be awesome as well. We had a great crew and all the directors were awesome. Enjoy your trip!
  • My wife and I will also be on the August 28 tour. I have tried to get a DETAILED itinerary from Tauck, but they are unwilling to send me a current one because it may change before next year. That is certainly understandable as they do not want to risk angering a client who doesn't understand that changes may be required.

So, I wonder if any of you who have been on the tour would be willing to send or email me a copy of yours. I promise not to hold Tauck to the details, but would like to have some sense of what each day might look like.

I will look forward to hearing from you.
  • RDooling wrote:
    My wife and I will also be on the August 28 tour. I have tried to get a DETAILED itinerary from Tauck, but they are unwilling to send me a current one because it may change before next year. That is certainly understandable as they do not want to risk angering a client who doesn't understand that changes may be required.

So, I wonder if any of you who have been on the tour would be willing to send or email me a copy of yours. I promise not to hold Tauck to the details, but would like to have some sense of what each day might look like.

I will look forward to hearing from you.
    Any luck so far on getting the itinerary? If so would you send it to me via e-mail at (stevef@tripacfasteners.com). We just returned from a three week vacation which included a two week Baltic cruise which was great. We are starting to get serious about our planning for this Tauck cruise. I am waiting until next month to get our airline tickets (using points) and then we will setup our pre and post cruise itinerary. We are considering visiting Prague before arriving in Budapest.
  • TRIPACIAN wrote:
    We just booked the Budapest to Amsterdam cruise departing August 28, 2012, anyone else booked on this cruise?[/quote

There is no activity on this subject so I am reposting to see if I can get a response. Anyone else on this cruise?
  • Hi,

If you are on the new MS Treasures, this ship is departing from Bucharest, August 19th on a 24 day Grand European river cruise. We are taking it on August 19th from Bucharest but leaving the ship in Budapest after a twelve day cruise. You might check the Grand European Cruise section of this forum and see if anyone has posted there. Very, very few post people on this board. You might find someone over at the cruisecritic.com boards.

sheila
  • TRIPACIAN ... Sorry, but I haven't checked this thread for some time. The answer to your question is, "no." I have not been able to acquire a more detailed itinerary of the trip.

R Dooling
  • Hi my wife and I just booked the Budapest to Amsterdam trip, 28 August 2012. Seems like they like you to dress up for evening meals. Should I bring a suit and tie on this trip or would slacks and dress shirt do??
    It will be a little homecoming for me as we go thru Wurzburg Germany. I lived there for 3 and a half years in the late 60's while in the Army. My oldest daughter was born there.
    Looking forward to meeting new folks.
    Curtis - see ya in 6 months !
  • To cwhite32,

No one wore a suit to dinner when I did the Tauck Rhine Riverboat trip two years ago. First of all the weather should be very hot in Europe at that time. If you are going to a Castle for a performance in Vienna, you might want to wear a nice shirt and pants -- no tie. They don't have A/C which works like in the U.S. We will be departing from the MS Treasures when you board in Budapest. We leave August 19th from Bucharest to Budapest and my DH is not taking a jacket or tie.

To RDooling,

If you will go to the Destination area for river boat trips on this Board, you can bring up the full itinerary of each river boat trip. If you can't locate it, ask some teenager to help you. I have been printing them for my last 17 Tauck Tours from their website.

Sheila M.
  • We are on Budapest to Amsterdam Aug 28 - Sep 11 River Cruise - and look forward to meeting others on the cruise. First river cruise for us. We are from southwest Florida and eager to escape the heat and humidity... hoping Budapest will not be in a heat wave. We are arriving two days early to get rested and see more of Budapest.
This discussion has been closed.