Options

China Tour hills and stairs

My wife is fit and can walk forever on relatively flat surfaces but cannot climb extended stairs (more than 15 steps) or hills. Would she find this tour too limiting?

Comments

• Options
    I also have problems with stairs. On our China trip in '07, I did fine with only a couple of problems. I climbed a small portion of the Great Wall, but I soon found a place where I could sit and wait for my husband who climbed to the top. I was fine, and really didn't mind my limitations. Also, at the end of the Yantze cruise there were a lot of steps when we disembarked the ship. However, crew members were stationed at fairly close intervals along the steps to help those of us with difficulties. The river is higher now, so there should be fewer steps. Your wife should do fine. I also take a cane with me to help me on steps, especially when there is no rail. China is a wonderful country to tour, so I do hope you "go" for it!
  • Options
    Much appreciate your reply. We are seriously considering this trip. It will be our 6th with Tauck.
This discussion has been closed.