Considering Bellisima Italy for 2012

We've toured with Tauck twice before and had stellar experiences on both tours.

We are now mulling over Bellisima Italy for 2012. We would love feedback on this tour.

Thank you!

Comments

• Definitely take the Bellisima Tour. We went September 2009 which was our third Tauck Tour and we are now looking forward to a week in Scotland next month. We had a wonderful time at each stop but Verona was our favorite. In Stressa, a delightful town in the lakes region, we had a day of pouring rain so I was happy to have a waterproof jacket and umbrella with me. We have very fond memories of this trip - even with the rain.
  • Thanks so much for your endorsement, Roberta. Hopefully, the itinerary and pricing for Bellisima Italy come out soon. Waiting is hard to do! Have a lovely time in Scotland, which is also on our wishlist.
  • We just returned from this season's last Bellisima tour. Go! It is a lovely tour...Stress is unique, Verona charming, and Venice is like no where else. Mid-October was cool, but not so crowded.
  • Thanks for your great endorsement. My husband and I booked Bellisima Italy for Sept. 1, 2012. Can't wait to take this trip. The only repeat destination for us is Venice. Not a bad thing at all, returning to beautiful Venice.

Could you share some of the highlights of this tour, please?

Anyone else taking this tour with us? Would like to hear from you!
  • nyfeds wrote:
    We've toured with Tauck twice before and had stellar experiences on both tours.

We are now mulling over Bellisima Italy for 2012. We would love feedback on this tour.

Thank you!

Any solo travellers doing this trip July, 2012. Have not done a Tauck tour before.
    Do we spend a lot of time on the bus between towns? Howmany on the bus
    Any info welcome.
    Smiljana
  • My wife and I took this tour in early June 2011 and absolutely loved it. Bellissima was our first with Tauck (although we've done land tours and river cruises in Europe with other companies); we are now planning our second Tauck trip, to Switzerland, this summer. As for the amount of time spent on the bus (coach), it isn't all that much and our tour director made the time we did spend entertaining and informative. Besides, it's nice to see the countryside. Someone mentioned rainy weather, and I second that. We carried rain gear with us and needed it everywhere except Venice at the end of the trip.
  • My husband and I are booking this tour for the late May date. It's our first time with Tauck and our first trip to Italy so we're really looking forward to it. Would love to hear from any others who are booking the same tour.
  • My wife and I have booked this trip for Aug 4, 2012. It will be our second trip to Italy and our sixth Tauck Tour.
    Not only will you love Italy but the entire Tauck experience as well.
  • To Smiljana: This itinerary is interesting because it is a nice mix of time on the bus, guided tours, and time on your own. We had about 35 people on our tour. The scenery is beautiful and usually there is a lunch stop along the way on travel days. There are several hotels, so pack smart and light. A dress or slacks and a dressy blouse is sufficient for dinners - double up on things and wear them twice or throw on a different scarf to change it up. My husband brought a blazer but it wasn't necessary on several of the nights and it was mostly too warm while we were there in September. Men wore Tommy Bahama type shirts or golf shirts to dinner on some nights. There are so many highlights that I can't even describe them all but it is sufficient to say that this is probably one of my favorite tours.
    We enjoyed Milan and walking around the Galleria and visiting La Scala; definitely go up to the top of the Duomo there. We had a fabulous lunch on our own at a store across the street that the tour guide recommended. We saw the painting of the Last Supper; we tasted Balsamic Vinegar in Modena and a talk and demonstration on how it is made; loved the gardens at Isola Bella in the Lakes Region; walked all over Verona and found a charming garden to walk through; we had a delightful group lunch at a farmhouse; visited a glass factory in Venice....
    and did I mention the gondolas in Venice? You will have a wonderful time.

We enjoyed our trip to Scotland last September and have booked the Croatia and Dalmation Coast Cruise for this September - looking forward to spending more time in Venice, too.
  • My husband and I will be joined by special travel friends from Houston, TX to take this tour April/May 2012. It will be our 3rd time in Italy, but our first Tauck experience & our first land tour of Italy. We loved the Amalfi Coast, Venice, Florence,Pisa and are so looking forward to visiting other beautiful places in Italy and especially Lake Como. I would like to find out about the rainy season in this part of Italy and possible temperatures for the end of April and first of May. If anyone has this info or anything else about this tour PLEASE share...we welcome your input. Roberta, I enjoyed reading your post above...thanks for your great information!!
  • My wife and I will be going on May 12. This will be our second Tauck tour. Last fall we went on Art of Living from Barcelona to Paris. It was wonderful and we are looking forward to the Italian Lakes
  • I, too, appreciate and enjoyed your input, Roberta. Thank you. You mentioned La Scala. Did you tour the interior of the opera house? We hope to be able to do so.

We always carry rain gear, just in case, hoping we never have to use it, but being prepared. Small travel umbrellas are easy to take along as well as lightweight, hooded rain jackets or ponchos. We're hopeful the beginning of Sept. isn't too rainy or warm. Regardless of the weather, we're there to take in everything.

Wishing all who posted - have a great time on your upcoming trips!

This is our third time touring with Tauck and we are greatly looking forward to our Bellisima Italy tour, Sept. 1! Anyone else joining us on this tour? We'd welcoming hearing from you!
  • Those of you who have been with Tauck on other European tours....do we wear ID necklaces that Tauck provides or not?? We had these with Vantage on river tours, so just wondered if Tauck did this also. I won't forget who I am (Ha!)...just wanted to bring a necklace to snap it on if Tauck usually provides the ID's. It is a nice way to get acquainted with others on the tour.
  • ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!! Funny that you mentioned Vantage. When we were on our Tauck Israel and Jordan tour we saw a Vantage group and couldn't believe the name tags. That will never happen with Tauck.
  • edited March 2012
    Hey Snow White, with some of the groups being as large as 35-40, it can be a little difficult learning / remembering everyone’s name. Some Tour Director's post your name over the seat you sit in on the bus, but some don't. Good Luck.
  • Judy05, thank you for the answer to my question. Yes, Bloom we will have #37 in our group beginning April 28th & the Tauck rep said this tour is full now. Hopefully we can at least learn everyone's first name in the first few days we are together. I am getting so excited to leave and begin our land tour of Italy!! Everyone have a great wk-end...........................
  • Flgirl wrote:
    My husband and I are booking this tour for the late May date. It's our first time with Tauck and our first trip to Italy so we're really looking forward to it. Would love to hear from any others who are booking the same tour.

Hi Flgirl,
    My husband and I are also on the May 26th tour. We're arriving in Milan a day early and staying a day later in Venice. It's our second Tauck tour; we took the Russian Glories, Baltic Treasures tour last August, and it was a fabulous experience.

We are Barbara and Harry from Chevy Chase, MD and look forward to meeting you and your husband in May.
  • Hi Barbara,

Thanks for posting about your trip in late May! We are from NJ and will also be arriving in Milan a day early and staying at the scheduled hotel. We look forward to meeting you also. Counting the days!
This discussion has been closed.