Options

Amsterdam to Budapest July 31 2012

Looking for people booked on this cruise. Have not been rivercruising before but really looking forward to it. What is the general dress code?

Comments

• Options
    My husband and I will be joining you on the July31 cruise. I have just finished reading the posts relating to appropriate wear on this cruise, and for the concert in Vienna. They are hilarious! I can't believe that on such a wonderful vacation, we should be worrying about what others wear. I imagine that we will see all sorts of outfits ranging from downright casual, snappy casual, casually elegant, to over the top formal. We will probably go for comfortably nice, and hope for the best. Having said that we will consider Tauck Tim 's suggestion regarding a jacket, and watch for info from previous travellers. On other Tauck tours we have only encountered lovely, interesting people, who's only concern was having a great time and getting along with each other. Looking forward to meeting everyone!
  • Options
    As I was one of those who took part in the dress discussion you mentioned I thought I'd give you my honest impression AFTER doing the trip. We travelled in September last year and I can honestly tell you that there were as many gentlemen without jackets at the concert as there were those wearing them. I took a number of photos just in case those posters who told me that I would be inadequately dressed could be shown that they were wrong. We had a great bunch of people on that cruise and I can tell you the last thing anyone thought of was how elegant another was dressed - or not. We all had a ton of fun. Dress as you would if you were going out to a function at home whether that be casual attire or a coat and tie and you'll be just one of the crowd. I know you'll have a great time as we did.
  • Options
    Viki wrote:
    My husband and I will be joining you on the July31 cruise. I have just finished reading the posts relating to appropriate wear on this cruise, and for the concert in Vienna. They are hilarious! I can't believe that on such a wonderful vacation, we should be worrying about what others wear. I imagine that we will see all sorts of outfits ranging from downright casual, snappy casual, casually elegant, to over the top formal. We will probably go for comfortably nice, and hope for the best. Having said that we will consider Tauck Tim 's suggestion regarding a jacket, and watch for info from previous travellers. On other Tauck tours we have only encountered lovely, interesting people, who's only concern was having a great time and getting along with each other. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Thanks Vicki, we to are looking forward to this tour and meeting new and interesting people. We have had so much rain here in Australia hope the weather is kind to us in July/August. Cheers
  • Options
    OzJohnno wrote:
    As I was one of those who took part in the dress discussion you mentioned I thought I'd give you my honest impression AFTER doing the trip. We travelled in September last year and I can honestly tell you that there were as many gentlemen without jackets at the concert as there were those wearing them. I took a number of photos just in case those posters who told me that I would be inadequately dressed could be shown that they were wrong. We had a great bunch of people on that cruise and I can tell you the last thing anyone thought of was how elegant another was dressed - or not. We all had a ton of fun. Dress as you would if you were going out to a function at home whether that be casual attire or a coat and tie and you'll be just one of the crowd. I know you'll have a great time as we did.

Thanks OzJohnno
  • Options
    Hi, wife and i are also booked on the TREASURES , JULY 31, room 208
    we reside in brisbane, australia
  • Options
    anybody know the difference in price for the rooms? I'm thinking of taking the riverboat cruise from amsterdam to budapest in July of 2013. I'm looking at the Ruby deck right now. Also, what's the weather like at that time?

Thanks,
    Darla
This discussion has been closed.