Flight

Can anyone tell me what type of plane goes to Nantucket? What size is it? Any other travel option? I love the sound of this trip, but I hate to fly.
Thanks

Comments

• I did this trip last June. It's a Wonderful tour. To the plane. The plane! (Sorry, slipped back into Fantasy Island mode there!) It's, I'd say, an 8 seater? Thereabouts. Very smooth flight, easy takeoff and landing. It took about ...gee...thinking back here... maybe 30 minutes? Truly, if you can manage it, do take the flight. It dovetails at Nantucket airport with a tour of the island in small busses, with free time for lunch, then a ferry to Hyannis, where we re-joined the tour bus. If you stayed with the bus you'd miss Nantucket, which is Such an interesting place. I think there's a ferry between Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket, but the timing would put you out of whack, I'd think. If you can take the flight, please try. Overall, this is a great trip. It would be a shame to miss it because of the flight. Really. Am I sounding positive enough?

The Tour Directors are really clever. I'm sure they could help on the day. Maybe Emily can jump in with suggestions?
  • Hi KimS720.

The only flight on this trip is on Day 4 where there is a short 15 minute flight from from Edgartown (Martha's Vineyard) to Nantucket on a 9 passenger twin engine Cessna 402s operated by Cape Air. As far as I know, there is not an alternative to this flight. I will ask around for you.

I hope this helps.
    Emily
This discussion has been closed.