Options

London and Paris April 15

Looking for fellow travellers on the April 15 tour to London and Paris.

Comments

• Options
    We are going on this trip April 29th. I'd like info about what weather to expect. On a 2010 trip to England, Scotland, and Wales in late May it was incredibly cold for the first several days... What to pack??
  • Options
    We've been to Paris and London a few times including this trip. Great fun. Weather in April can be warm or cool in daytime and cooler in evenings. Plan to layer clothes. You can bring a small bag (tote) to keep on your coach. Great place to keep a sweater. I would wear a cotton top with a light sweater. Very light windbreaker with a hood works well if it gets cooler or windy. And bring a small travel umbrella just in case. I carry a lightweight hobo bag for storing the windbreaker, umbrella, bottle of water and my camera. Hope you enjoy your trip!
  • Options
    Tristen wrote:
    Looking for fellow travellers on the April 15 tour to London and Paris.

My husband (Pete) and I will be on this tour. It is a birthday gift from him to me. Can't wait.
    Pete & Sharon - Orchard Park, NY
  • Options
    How exciting! It's also my birthday gift, and I'm also from NY. Looking forward to seeing you there.
  • Options
    Mrsfootdoc wrote:
    My husband (Pete) and I will be on this tour. It is a birthday gift from him to me. Can't wait.
    Pete & Sharon - Orchard Park, NY
    My daughter and I will also be on this trip and we are from Houston, Texas.
  • Options
    Anyone game for the 1 hr boat ride down the Seine? It takes in all the sites
    Also interested in the Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame???
  • Options
    Tristen, book your Eiffel tower tour on line to avoid the line. We are going at 6:00 on April 20 after the Montmartre walk. We are also staying an extra day so we'll probably take the Seine cruise Sunday night.
  • Options
    We took this tour last summer and really enjoyed it. One bit of info is the high rates for internet service at both 5-Star hotels. If you have your own laptops or iPads, there are Starbucks located several blocks from either hotel. Just buy a minimum amount of coffee and pastry and it's free there.

I didn't check the brochure for 2012, but we had a dinner cruise aboard a private boat on the Seine.

Sheila
  • Options
    To SamandJohn, I've just looked online, and there are hundreds of tours to the Eiffel Tower. I'm traveling alone so I'd prefer to be with some fellow travellers on the same tour. Which tour did you book?
  • Options
    Check out Viator Tours - my husband & booked a romantic night/birthday celebration for the 20th which includes dinner @ Eiffel Tower, Cabaret Show & Seine River Cruise.

We also used them to do the Rock Tour in London - as we arrive in Prior to start of Tauck Tour
  • Options
    Tristen wrote:
    Anyone game for the 1 hr boat ride down the Seine? It takes in all the sites
    Also interested in the Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame???
    Sheldon Segel and Roberta Gallagher interested.
  • Options
    Sheldon Segel and Roberta Gallagher interested.
    Shel's birthday is Tue April 17. Perhaps we can have Tauck order a cake for dinner before the theater. Anyone know how I can arrange this?
This discussion has been closed.