Options

Welcome to Tauck’s Bellissima Northern Italy Forum

Welcome to Tauck’s Bellissima Northern Italy Forum- Find the answers to your trip questions, answer questions posted by fellow travelers, plus share your Tauck experiences and stories. Stop by often and join in on the discussions.

Comments

• Options
    anyadvice by anyone who has taken this tour?
  • Options
    I am scheduled for the October 15th 2011 tour and was wondering if there are any other single travelers like myself??
  • Options
    My husband and I (with travel friends from Houston) are booked for this tour April 28,'12. Are there any others out there who will be going with us?...hope so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Snow White wrote:
    My husband and I (with travel friends from Houston) are booked for this tour April 28,'12. Are there any others out there who will be going with us?...hope so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good morning! My husband and I must have booked the last spot for the Bellissima Northern Italy tour Apr 28th. It was a last minute decision and will be celebrating my birthday a few weeks early. We are from the Charleston SC area and have been to Italy a number of times but never to the lake region. We are very excited about the trip and love using Tauck. It looks like we will be having nice, mild weather there. I put a weather app on my iphone for Milan and Venice and right now it's in the low to mid 60s so we may actually get up to 70 and sunny which is perfect for touring. We look forward to meeting all of you.
  • Options
    Hello Ivanka,
    So glad that you posted on this board and that you and your husband will be joining us in Italy. I have been concerned about the weather in Northern Italy while we are there. Have noticed they have been getting quite a bit of rain recently. We have never used Tauck before, but our friends from Houston toured with them in Canada last summer. My husband and I live in the Panhandle of TX and have been to Rome, Florence, & Venice on several different cruises, but this will be our first land tour of Italy...I'm really looking forward to this trip and especially visiting Lake Como!!! Looking forward to meeting you and your husband in Milan!! I was told there will be 37 in our tour group.
  • Options
    It was interesting reading about the weather in Milan and around the area. It says that its shoulder season, Spring and Fall, are mild and wet and that the climate is subtropical, and very changeable. I am planning on bringing a rain coat and umbrella. We've been on 3 othre Tauck tours...Amalfi Coast, Spain & Portugal, and Costa Rica. Each one was fabulous and a treat to have someone take care of us totally during the whole trip. Our guides are wonderful, so I'm sure this will be the same. We'll adapt to the changeable weather, and still have a great time. Lake Como will be a highlight for me because I love George Clooney and I know he has a home there....I sound like a silly school girl with my "crush" on a movie star! We're counting the days until we leave. Do you fly through New York JFK? We are going from Charleston SC to Atlanta to New York JFK and then Milan. It will be a long trip but we were able to get Business Class so we can sleep a bit. My husband is looking at possibly a 4th back surgery when we get back, so he wants to make sure he is rested and relaxed. We are taking an extra day in Venice. See you soon! We've met some wonderful people on these tours, and I'm sure you and your friends will be one of them!
  • Options
    My husband and I are on the Sept. 1 Bellisima Italy tour. Wishing those who precede us a wonderful time. I do hope you will post of your fantastic experiences upon your return. Have a fantastic time and enjoy every moment.
  • Options
    Ivanka wrote:
    It was interesting reading about the weather in Milan and around the area. It says that its shoulder season, Spring and Fall, are mild and wet and that the climate is subtropical, and very changeable. I am planning on bringing a rain coat and umbrella. We've been on 3 othre Tauck tours...Amalfi Coast, Spain & Portugal, and Costa Rica. Each one was fabulous and a treat to have someone take care of us totally during the whole trip. Our guides are wonderful, so I'm sure this will be the same. We'll adapt to the changeable weather, and still have a great time. Lake Como will be a highlight for me because I love George Clooney and I know he has a home there....I sound like a silly school girl with my "crush" on a movie star! We're counting the days until we leave. Do you fly through New York JFK? We are going from Charleston SC to Atlanta to New York JFK and then Milan. It will be a long trip but we were able to get Business Class so we can sleep a bit. My husband is looking at possibly a 4th back surgery when we get back, so he wants to make sure he is rested and relaxed. We are taking an extra day in Venice. See you soon! We've met some wonderful people on these tours, and I'm sure you and your friends will be one of them!
    Good Morning, Ivanka,
    So glad you posted again. My husband and I fly United from Amarillo to Houston, meet our friends and fly on to Newark, and finally to Milan on this coming Thurs., April 26th. Hopefully arriving a day before our tour begins on the 28th we can get some rest at the hotel. The 26th will be a long day since we will be getting up at 4:30 am to make our first flight out of Amarillo. We have done it before, so I'm sure we can do it this time with some prayer and positive attitude!!! Looking forward to meeting you.....................
  • Options
    Safe travels! We leave Friday morning at 8:45 AM and arrive Saturday early morning. See you then and can't wait....we are packing right now.
  • Options
    Ivanka wrote:
    Safe travels! We leave Friday morning at 8:45 AM and arrive Saturday early morning. See you then and can't wait....we are packing right now.
    You are packing early...we have been laying out some things in the extra bedroom, but won't put it in the suitcases til Wednesday. You two have a safe and pleasant flight to Milan! We are Kenneth and Kay White and our friends are Jay and Milda Crossno.
  • Options
    We are Bob and Jane Miller....can believe that my maiden name and "real" first name was Ivanka Opryszko....wow, what a change. Have fun packing...I always take too much, but you'll see me in various shades of black and some beige!
This discussion has been closed.