Paris & Provence - 6/24 - 7/1

My wife Cathy and I will be taking this tour with our daughter and son-in-law and my sister and friend. This will be our 8th Tauck tour. We've never been disappointed that's why we keep coming back. We will be arriving on 6/23. Does anyone have any recommendations on things to see and do on Saturday and Sunday that Tauck doesn't include in the tour? Thanks for any suggestions.

John

Comments

• Hi, we (husband & I) took this tour in July '09 & loved every second of it, we have taked 7 Tauck tours w/ #8 booked for this summer & this was our favorite.

As far as things to do that aren't included, I really don't have much but there is a nice art museum in a beatiful old mansion right next door to The Negresco. The signs are all in french but the pictures were very nice to look at & the grounds were very pretty as well. Old Town Nice is fun to explore as well w/ lots of old buildings, shops & cafes, the concierge at the Negresco will be able to give you directions how to get there & restaurant recommendations-it's maybe a 10 minute walk. We also enjoyed strolling the Promenade des Anglais & cafe sitting/people watching (our favorite pastime!)

Enjoy your trip, it's a fantastic one & if you have Dixie for your guide you are in for a treat-she goes above & beyond & is one of the top 2 guides we've had. If you have any questions please, feel free to ask. Happy Vacation!!
  • My husband and I will be on your tour. This will be our second Tauck tour, and on our last trip everyone called us "the kids" (we're in our early 30's). Nice to hear that we might not be the only "kids" on the trip :)
  • Hi Catherine,
    We know how you feel-we did our 1st Tauck when we were in our mid-30's, we were the youngest by a good 20 years but that didn't stop us-we're now in our early 40's & are going on #8 in July (also haven't been the youngest since then). Enjoy this trip, it is FABULOUS!!

• We can't wait! We did the Italian Lakes tour last year and had a blast- I'm sure this trip will be equally amazing :)
This discussion has been closed.