Options

Amsterdam To Budapest River Cruise April 28, 2012

Looking forward to meeting our shipmates. Who is coming from where?

John & Doris Van Order
Davidson, NC, USA

Comments

• Options
    Hi John and Doris,

Getting ready to join you as the tulips bloom in the Netherlands. We are Jim and Barbara Inano out of Seattle, Washington and you will be pleased to know that we are fans of North Carolina (especially Ashville) and the wonderful people therein. This will be our first expierence on a river boat and we look forward joining you on this adventure. Meeting us on the cruise will be our dear friends Edward and Ruth Camerena of Placentia, California.

See you in Amsterdam.
  • Options
    Hi John, Doris, Barbara, Jim

We are Joe and Eileen Withers from Cherry Hill, NJ going on our 50th anniversary trip. Our first river boat. See you on board.
  • Options
    Mary & Bill DeGroot from Denver, CO will be on the boat. This will be our second river cruise. We did Brussels to Amsterdam three years ago. It is very convenient to unpack once and to know where breakfast is every morning. Also, no long motor coach rides. Question for Tauck: We arrive at 9:30 AM (United willing). Can we check in on the boat right away?
  • Options
    Hello COBill,

If you are arriving on the day of the tour, you will be met at Amsterdam’s Schiphol Airport by a Tauck representative. We will take you directly onboard the boat; however, you will not be able to check-in to your rooms until embarkation at 4pm.

The riverboat lounge will be used as a hospitality room from 8AM - 4PM. Beverages, snacks, and a light lunch (soup & sandwiches) will be served from 11AM - 2PM in the lounge. We will also provide a shuttle that will take you to and from town, so that you can start you siteseeing early.

Make sure we have your flight information at least two weeks prior to departure. A Tauck representative will meet you after you pass through Customs.

Hope this helps,
    Emily
  • Options
    Thanks Emily. I'm happy there will be a shuttle because it is a bit of a walk to town.
  • Options
    Hello Everybody,
    We are Penny and Roland Brecek and we are looking forward to meeting you in person this next week. We live in Northern California in El Dorado Hills. We have done quite a bit of traveling but have never done a riverboat. So, we are looking forward to the experience and to your company.
  • Options
    Hello COBill,

If you are arriving on the day of the tour, you will be met at Amsterdam’s Schiphol Airport by a Tauck representative. We will take you directly onboard the boat; however, you will not be able to check-in to your rooms until embarkation at 4pm.

The riverboat lounge will be used as a hospitality room from 8AM - 4PM. Beverages, snacks, and a light lunch (soup & sandwiches) will be served from 11AM - 2PM in the lounge. We will also provide a shuttle that will take you to and from town, so that you can start you siteseeing early.

Make sure we have your flight information at least two weeks prior to departure. A Tauck representative will meet you after you pass through Customs.

Hope this helps,
    Emily

Hi Emily,
    My name is Allan and we are traveling from New York to Amsterdam arriving April 26th and staying at the Grand sofitel as part of the Tauck pre-cruise. Could you advise if Tauck will have a representative to meet us at the airport on the 26th and provide transportation to the hotel?

Thanks, allan
  • Options
    Hi Allan,

If you don't have a TA, call Tauck ASAP to make sure they have you on their list for arrival at the airport. We always doublecheck with our TA before we leave. Tauck has NEVER forgotten us and we are going on tour number 18 in August.

Sheila
  • Options
    spuds wrote:
    Hi Emily,
    My name is Allan and we are traveling from New York to Amsterdam arriving April 26th and staying at the Grand sofitel as part of the Tauck pre-cruise. Could you advise if Tauck will have a representative to meet us at the airport on the 26th and provide transportation to the hotel?

Thanks, allan

Hello Allan,

Great advice from ScorpioS

All guests will be met at Amsterdam’s Schiphol Airport by a Tauck representative, and transferred to the ship (or Sofitel Amsterdam The Grand for pre-stays),regardless of the time and day of their arrival.

We must have accurate arrival air information at least 2 weeks prior to tour departure in order to provide this service.

Please call Tauck at 1-800-788-7885 or your TA to verify that we have all your flight information. Never hurts to double check.

Hops this helps,
    Emily
  • Options
    Thanks Emily and Sheila,

Tauck confirmed they will meet us on arrival the 26th for trans. to Sofitel.

Thanks for the help.

Allan
  • Options
    Fantastic Allan! I hope you have a wonderful time!
  • Options
    To all of you traveling on the Budapest to Amsterdam river cruise:
    Please post your feelings about this cruise when you return home. My husband and I will be travelling on this very cruise(same time,same station) in 2013 for our 35th anniversary. Have a wonderful time.
    Peri Pantazes
  • Options
    Hi Kc2ahl,

If you read the river boat cruise links on this Travel Forum for ALL of Tauck's river boats for all destinations (they only have four boats), you will read some very useful info which is the same on all the sailings. Also, go to Cruisecritic.com and put in "Tauck" under member reviews and you can read more about Tauck's wonderful river cruises. Youtube also has some videos if you put in "Tauck River Cruising" in the subject line.

Sheila
  • Options
    G'Day Kc2ahl,

We took the Amsterdam to Budapest cruise last September and my review is on these boards at ....

http://www.tauck.com/travel-forum.aspx

I hope you find it usefull and if you have any further questions I'd be happy to try and answer them.
  • Options
    Hello, we are Georgia and Clayton from Houston, Texas, and we look forward to meeting everyone on the April 28 river cruise. I've been checking the weather, and it does not look too promising. Showers are forcast for the first 7 days, with the highs in the 60's and lows in the mid to upper 40's. Bring jackets and umbrellas!
This discussion has been closed.