Rhine and Moselle May 3

For my wife and I, my brother and sister-in-law, and daughter and son-in-law will be this will be our first Tauck riverboat cruise. Four of us were with Tauck in Ireland last year and were so impressed with their attention to detail that we decided that Tauck was the way to go for a riverboat cruise. A large part of our enjoyment of the Ireland experience was interaction with the great people we traveled with. We'll be at the Sofitel on May 2. Who else will be enjoying this trip?

Comments

• Hi, Mike. I am travelling on the same river cruise - May 3rd Amsterdam to Basel. This is my first river cruise with Tauck, but I have done several others with other organizations in various parts of Europe and Russia. I picked Tauck for this river cruise because I have done two (three? not sure) land tours with them, and find they are the best around. I have never had such awesome trips. I did a ten day Maritimes (Canada) tour and never had a dull moment. We laughed and travelled the whole time and our Tour Director was incredible.

Unfortunately, I couldn't spent extra time in either Amsterdam or Basel, so will meet you and your family on the ship on the 3rd. I get in around 2, so should be on the ship (with drink in hand) by 3:30 or so.

I know we will have a great time - Tauck will make sure of it!! Cheers, Liz.
  • Liz: We'll look forward to hearing your critique of the other cruise companies and how they compare to Tauck. I was in Amsterdam courtesy of the US Navy several years ago and I'm interested to see it now from a more "mature" (read aged) perspective.

Like you, we had an amazing Tour Director on our land tour and I'm sure we'll find the same quality on the river. This should be a fun two weeks. Mike
  • Hi. Mike et al, and Liz. My wife, Kim and I are arriving 5/2and will be staying at the Softel. Kim has traveled extensively in Europe. My first trip outside the U.S. at all!! A rookie, bound to have a good time since I have no precedents. Looking forward to hanging around with a bunch of veterans. See you all in a few days. Jesse
  • Hi Mike, We are traveling with Tauck for the first time on the Rhine/Moselle.
    My husband and I are also at the Softel on May 2nd. We are arriving that morning and have arranged to take a bus tour that afternoon outside of the city.
    We'll see everyone soon and excited to meet with everyone.
    Mark and Betsy Walker from Pennsylvania

This discussion has been closed.