Options

Amsterdam to Budapest Extra Day?

Traveling on the Sept. 11, 2012 trip. I'm sure Tauck visits the 'highlights' in each city, however, can anyone advise me whether it's adviseable to stay in Budapest an extra day?

Comments

• Options
    Definitely, stay an extra day in Budapest!! There is so much to see there. We are returning there in August and plan to see what we missed the last trip. It's a beautiful city. Go to tripadvisor.com or frommers.com or Fodors.com and put in Budapest in the the search mode. You will be able to see what is not included in your Tauck tour and plan accordingly.

Sheila
  • Options
    We were in Budapest a few years ago with another tour company. Although we spent three days there, we certainly could have stayed longer and still not seen everything. If you can, spend an evening at the State Opera House. Nothing like going to an Italian opera with Hungarian sub-titles!
  • Options
    By all means spend extra time in Budapest. It's one of our favorite European cities. We took Tauck's fantastic Warsaw to Prague tour several years ago. Look at the Budapest portion of that tour for suggestions of things to see, all of which could not possibly be covered in a single day there. The sunagogue is wonderful. The market place is huge and fascinating. The Herend porcelain store has gorgeous porcelains that are a treat to see even if you don't purchase one. The view from our hotel room was so beautiful that we didn't even close our drapes at night because we wanted to be able to see the view if we got up during the night. We've been back once, and I'd love to go again!
This discussion has been closed.