Options

Eiffel Tower

Can anyone advise me of the best source to get tickets to tour the Eiffel tower. This is one tourist attraction the Tauck tours does not provide for. I am on the May 13th London/Paris tour.

Comments

• Options
    Hello TruTraveller,

Tickets can be purchased on time for a specific time slot and that’s what we would recommend, as it is very popular with all visitors to Paris. Currently, there is an issue and they only have one elevator working…..which is causing HUGE back-ups and making the wait times very long.

We are hopeful that they will find a way to fix this soon….but currently have no further details.

Here is a link to the Eiffel Tower website for more info and purchasing tickets
    http://www.eiffel-tower.com/preparing-your-visit/planning-your-visit.html

Hope this helps,
    Emily
  • Options
    Emily,
    Thanks for the information regarding the elevator situation. I did check the link you provided and for the time we will be there in July there are no online tickets available (as they are very limited due to this situation.) Our family is pretty fit... we could probably do the stairs to the 2nd level fairly easily.... would you anticipate long lines for this option during the summer? I noticed their site is allowing children up to 12 take the stairs for free, I guess in response to the elevator problem.

We are traveling with younger children and I think they will be disappointed if we can't at least go up part of it. Any thoughts?
  • Options
    We were there last July and my husband took our granddaughter very early on Sunday morning and the line was short to buy tickets. We didn't know about ordering the tickets on line. You can also call or email the concierge at the hotel and ask for his or her advice re tickets in advance. I know one of the young people on the trip called their parents back in the U.S. and they were able to get them with a black American Express card. Do you know anyone with one?

Sheila
This discussion has been closed.