Free day ahead in Lisbon

We are signed up for the Sept. 28, 2016 departure of Portugal and Spain. And we have the Tauck "Gift of Time" night on Sept. 28 so we are looking for suggestions on what to do that doesn't duplicate the itinerary. Also any restaurant recommendations?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tommye, St. Louis

Comments

• Look at Viator.Com They have some great stuff to do. Also, there is a fun boat ride on the Tagus River on a thing called the Hippo. It starts on land and heads to the river for an hour curise.
  • We went on the Northern Spain/Portugal trip last fall. We also had an extra day in Portugal at the end. We booked a day tour with Different Portugal. We went to Obidos (a medieval city), Mafra (a Palace) and Ericeira (a small fishing village) and a sculpture park. Our guide was Filipe Cordeiro, who picked us up at the Four Seasons in Lisbon and returned us after the day-long trip was completed. We chose this tour because it didn't overlap any of the Tauck tours during this trip or the Spain and Portugal trip, which we scheduled for this fall. My wife and I had a wonderful time. It was just us and Filipe and he catered to our every need and let us dictate the pace of the tour. I particularly enjoyed seeing Ericeira on the coast. It was absolutely beautiful and Filipe really knew the village well. We lunched a very good, non-touristy fish restaurant where Filipe was well acquainted with the owner who gave us special treatment. The fish was also delicious. We would highly recommend this tour company. Check out their website. Have fun.
  • Thanks for the information. We are going October 14 tour. Excited
  • We are signed up for the Sept. 28, 2016 departure of Portugal and Spain. And we have the Tauck "Gift of Time" night on Sept. 28 so we are looking for suggestions on what to do that doesn't duplicate the itinerary. Also any restaurant recommendations?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tommye, St. Louis
    Viator our agent booked us to Navia,Obidos and Fatima plus 1 small group tour costing 88 each

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file