Paris to Monte Carlo

We will be in Paris two days early before the start of our trip June 3rd. I know that Tauck will show us around. Actually what sights will

Tauck show us so that we do not visit the same place twice But I would like to know what sights should we see on our own Because also what will be close to the hotel. I would like to get tickets
for the Eiffel tower through the hotel. I also heard about a dinner cruise on the Seine, would that be possible to book throught the hotel
Thanks for any imput

Comments

• We took this trip last September and loved it. Tauck provided a bus tour which gives you an overview of all the major sights but we didn't visit any of them on the bus tour, we just had photo stops. Tauck also provided a museum tour of a couple of hours -- we had a choice of the Louvre or the Orangerie, the Musee D'Orsay was closed undergoing renovation. We chose the Louvre and enjoyed it immensely.
    We reserved tickets for the Eiffel Tower online before we left. That way we got to reserve the time we wanted and we were so glad we did, the lines were horrendous if you didn't have pre-reserved tickets. It's easy to do, here's the website: http://www.eiffel-tower.com/ I don't know whether the hotel can provide tickets to the Eiffel Tower or not. I do recall that someone in our group got dinner boat tickets through the hotel. Enjoy your trip.
  • Hello--we will be taking this tour in Sept, but will be in Paris for a bit before hand. I was looking at the site to make reservations for dinner at the Eiffel Tower and was wondering if you could tell me--if we eat at the restaurant on the 1st floor (58) can we go up to the Champagne Bar before or afterwards? How much earlier than our reservations can we go? Did you have dinner or just tour, and were you able to go all the way up? Also did any one go to the Moulin Rouge? I know these things are so touristy, but fun anyway. Thanks
  • btoohill
    Thank you so much for the information, that really helped us alot. I will certainly take all your advice,
    we leave this Thursday. So am looking forward to our trip.
  • Hello--we will be taking this tour in Sept, but will be in Paris for a bit before hand. I was looking at the site to make reservations for dinner at the Eiffel Tower and was wondering if you could tell me--if we eat at the restaurant on the 1st floor (58) can we go up to the Champagne Bar before or afterwards? How much earlier than our reservations can we go? Did you have dinner or just tour, and were you able to go all the way up? Also did any one go to the Moulin Rouge? I know these things are so touristy, but fun anyway. Thanks

We didn't go to any of the restaurants or bars at the Eiffel Tower, we just made reservations and paid to take the tour to the top via the online site. So I can't help you regarding restaurants. But, I think the restaurants at the Eiffel Tower are pretty popular, so you might want to make reservations online before you go so you won't be disappointed. It was really crowded at the Eiffel Tower when we went last Fall and I think it was already October. We didn't go to the Moulin Rouge either but someone in our group did. I don't know how they got their tickets. you could see if they have an online site or you could wait until you get to the hotel in Paris and ask for their help.
  • Just for general info. I booked our visit to the Eifel Tower last week and there were only two time slots left for Aug 23-- a day after we arrive. We booked for 5:30 so that we could see the view both at day and night. I understand that it will take time to move from floor to floor so I hope we make it to the Chmpagne bar at twilight!
    Our tour Starts in Versailles on the 26th and though Tauck is providing complimentary ticket to see Versailles ( we arrive there on the 25th) I am not clear on exactly what the ticket will allow us to see. Tauck has responded but answer not clear yet so am awaiting another reply. I know I will have to buy tickets for the guided tour of the private apartments (Hidden Versailles tour I believe)---Any experience out there? Thanks
This discussion has been closed.