Can I get by knowing little to no Spanish?

Hi! I’m traveling to Cuba in about a week on a study abroad trip. It was kind of a last minute decision thing so regrettably I didn’t have the forethought to take a Spanish class at my college. I’m trying to learn some basic words/phrases. Will that be enough to get by? I’ll be traveling with a group and a guide so I hope someone in the group knows more Spanish than I.UC browser SHAREit MX player

Comments

• edited December 2018
    Hi! I’m traveling to Cuba in about a week on a study abroad trip. It was kind of a last minute decision thing so regrettably I didn’t have the forethought to take a Spanish class at my college. I’m trying to learn some basic words/phrases. Will that be enough to get by? I’ll be traveling with a group and a guide so I hope someone in the group knows more Spanish than I.
    You should tell the group “soy un burro”. Once meeting you they will understand.
  • Hi! I’m traveling to Cuba in about a week on a study abroad trip. It was kind of a last minute decision thing so regrettably I didn’t have the forethought to take a Spanish class at my college. I’m trying to learn some basic words/phrases. Will that be enough to get by? I’ll be traveling with a group and a guide so I hope someone in the group knows more Spanish than I.
    You are the "traveling maniac" with trips to Cuba, Canada, and Cincinnati. You must be studying words beginning with the letter "C" right know. When you get to "D", pay particular attention to "dope" as the definition might fit.