Options

Travel Documents

I am going on the Venice-Florence-Rome tour in the middle of May and have now paid in full. What documents will you be sending, and when might I expect them? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Hello FirstTimeItaly,

I sent you a private email message to your bellsouth account. I will follow up with our reservations team and let you know.

Thanks,
    Emily
  • Options
    Thanks. Documents arrived today (you guys are quick!).

New question: Will you send a list of the people on our tour before we go? Or will we have to wait until we get there?
  • Options
    New question: Will you send a list of the people on our tour before we go? Or will we have to wait until we get there?

Tauck, like most tour companies, does not send out a listing of people on a tour. This is primarily because of privacy concerns, plus there can be changes due to last minute cancellations.

Even on the tour, I believe that it is Tauck's policy to NOT give out a list of fellow passengers. Again, this is because of privacy concerns. Some people prefer not to have their name or contact information given to others via a distribution list (which I understand and respect); they prefer to do it on an individual basis. That being said, it is common for someone on the tour to start a list and pass it around, and the Tour Director is very helpful and accomodating in making copies for us.
  • Options
    For some reason so many people want a list of the people on their tour before it begins. If you stop and think about it that is an impossible task. There are cancellations as well as people added who may have been wait listed. I found the Tauck list of people and hometowns that the tour guide gives us at the welcome dinner is fine. You will also have a chance to meet everyone on the tour. During the tour if you want more info. and become special friends with another person or couple of course you can get more info. that is private. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    We have been given a list, exhaustive, with the names of every traveler and their hometown at the beginning of every Tauck tour. It's a nice way to reinforce your memory regarding your fellow travelers' names as opposed to using some mnemonics.

Our last group (May '12; Classic Italy) did pass around a list with personal email addresses, with 100% participation. We're in the process of exchanging photos now (been back about 10 days).
This discussion has been closed.