Options

Flight

I am planning to take the Grand Australia/New Zealand tour in 2013. I am trying to figure out the time that the plane arrives in Melbourne. I know that a day is lost because of the International Dateline, but I was wondering if someone could tell me what time the Quantas flight from LA at 11:30 pm gets into Melbourne? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Keeping in mind a lot can change between now and 2013.....
    I just checked the Qantas timetable on their web site and that flight arrives 2 days later in Melbourne at 08:20. So, you leave on Monday evening, say, and arrive here on Wednesday morning. You really don't notice that you've lost a day. Really. Well, not much. ;) Do plan to come a few days early to get over the jet lag. Melbourne is a lovely place to while away some extra time. Lots to do!

PS there's a second flight leaving LAX at 23:40, arriving Melbourne at 15:05, with 1 stop. I assume that flight is via Sydney.
  • Options
    I'm actually taking this trip in a couple of weeks, and my Dad and I are flying Quantas from LAX nonstop to Melbourne at this time. We leave Sat night 11:30pm arrive Melbourne Monday morning approx 8:30am. Hope this helps. The only glitch I found was after I booked our flight, originally we had nonstop from Auckland to LAX they no longer offer that and we have to go back to Sydney then on to LAX. In doing alot of reseach I found Quantas to have best flight times and deals.
  • Options
    Hi Alison! My husband, Don and I are joining the tour April 23 in Melbourne after being on our own in Sydney and Hobart for a week. We'll be on an excursion to the Great Ocean Road that morning returning at 4:30 so hopefully we won't be that couple rushing late into the tour welcome dinner! We are looking forward to a wonderful trip to Australia and New Zealand! See you and your dad in Melbourne! Don and Chris from CA.
  • Options
    Thank you for all the information. I was getting confused as to whether 8:20 was in the morning or evening considering the length of the flight and time changes. I hope that all who mentioned that they were going have a good trip.
  • Options
    I am thinking of doing this trip in 2013 and want to use miles to fly on quantas from DFW or LAX. I am bit confused about the return. Should I book a r/t to Melbourne and just purchase a sepatrate one way flight for the end of the tour? Any and all help suggestions will be greately appreciated.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I don't know about using miles but we are booked on the January 14 2013 tour and we are flying from DFW to Melbourne via Brisbane; then flying back from Auckland to Sydney then on to DFW. Use the Multi-city option when looking at the flights and it is no more expensive coming into one airport and home from another. Qantas has great options...we did use a travel agent but I had researched the flights before she booked them for us. Good luck...Qantas is very helpful by phone too.
This discussion has been closed.