Paris for 36 hours

We have a day and a half stay in Paris. We are staying at the Marriott at the CDG airport. We are considering the services of a personal tour guide and wondered if anyone could recommend a guide or company that provides such services.

Comments

• Don,

Don,
    We have used Viator in Paris(and other cities) and have found them to be good quality...not as good as Tauck, but then that's a pretty high standard to live up to.( www.viator.com)
    Viator does a nice job and gets you to the front of the line in a lot of places. We used them for Versailles and the Eiffel Tower dinner and bateau mouche river cruise and were happy with both. So much to see in just a day and a half!
    Bonne chance!
    John
  • We're hoping to get a taxi to take us to the Marriott Hotel at CDG. It's such a short run I'm not sure the taxi companies will want to do it as they would then have to get in the back of the line for the next fare. Due to lots of luggage taking the shuttle is not practical.
  • Hi Don,

Go to the CDG Marriott's website and see if they have a shuttle bus which will pick you up at the terminal. I always stay at Marriotts worldwide and always check there first before arranging a driver or taxi.

Sheila
  • ScorpioS wrote:
    Hi Don,

Go to the CDG Marriott's website and see if they have a shuttle bus which will pick you up at the terminal. I always stay at Marriotts worldwide and always check there first before arranging a driver or taxi.

Sheila

I did that and learned that there is a common shuttle bus that "circuit rides" the airport hotels. If it is easy to find we might try it but we have significant luggage and are not physically able to move about an airport with ease. If a taxi is available that's the way we would handle it.
  • JohnBolduc wrote:
    Don,

Don,
    We have used Viator in Paris(and other cities) and have found them to be good quality...not as good as Tauck, but then that's a pretty high standard to live up to.( www.viator.com)
    Viator does a nice job and gets you to the front of the line in a lot of places. We used them for Versailles and the Eiffel Tower dinner and bateau mouche river cruise and were happy with both. So much to see in just a day and a half!
    Bonne chance!
    John

Don--Check out the Hop-on, Hop-off bus system. There is a two day pass vailable and four bus routes and one river route included.
    Dave
This discussion has been closed.