Options

Mahane Yehuda food tour in Jerusalem

edited September 2019 in Israel and Jordan

On the October 22, 2019 Israel and Jordan tour. Is anyone interested in joining my wife and I on a food tour and tasting of the Mahane Yehuda market in Jerusalem. I have contacted two different tour people and we'd need about six people to make it a reasonable cost per person (approx. $50)

From one of the tour guides:
__"In general, the shuk (market) tour lasts approximately 2 hours, and for a group of anywhere between 1-6 people, the price is $300 TOTAL (or the equivalent amount in NIS), which includes all of the tastings. If the group is larger than 6 people, the price rises slightly to cover the extra food costs (usually not more than $10 per extra person). I cap the tour at 15 people max, and it is really much better if the group does not exceed 10-12. I do not run the tour on Fridays or Saturdays.

Typically we do just dairy and pareve (non-meat nor dairy) tastings, though meat and/or alcohol options are also possible. All food is certified kosher (and vegetarian, if not opting for meat tastings). If there are any specific food requirements (allergies, specific kosher certifications, etc.), you must tell me in advance, as not all requirements can be accommodated in the market."

Comments

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file