Options

Tips for Week in Ireland?

Hi! We're leaving this week to take the June 24 week in Ireland and are looking for weather and clothing tips. It's our first trip with Tauck and also first time to Ireland. Anything we can learn from your experience will be appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Well since Nobody has gotten back to you and its Close that you should be leaving soon!
    We are about to go to Ireland in a Month and we have been to the England, Scotland and Wales Trip!

We will bring clothes that are also Good for Rain just in case! Its damp and can be a slight Chill!! When we had gone to the UK Trip I had also brought a Wind Proof light Jacket and for me was enough!

Just check the Weather Channel on the Net to see for any Specifics!
  • Options
    Thank you for your helpful comments. We'll prepare for rain! We hope to do the England-Scotland-Wales trip in the future.
  • Options
    I am also on the June 25th trip to Ireland. The weather forecast has been rain everyday with highs in 50's and 60 and lows in the upper 40's so definitely will be chilly. I took this tour in 2007 but in Sept. and was a misty rain often and cold. Bring some neck scarves for your raincoat and shoes that can get wet but dry out easily. It is an awesome trip and it is now longer than when i went 5 yrs. ago. It was 10 days then. See you next week.
  • Options
    Whoa -- cold! Thanks. We'll be prepared. Just checked the Weather Channel and, as you say, it's mostly showers through Tuesday (26th) with highs in the low 60s. Will keep checking.
  • Options
    Hi. We're leaving tomorrow for the week in Ireland (June 24) - I'm curious about what kind of footwear is best? Regular sneakers or waterproof hiking shoes? Rainboots? Any advice would be appreciated
This discussion has been closed.