Clothes

i am in such a quandary about what to wear to India. Any ideas? Stay covered up in 90 degree heat?

Comments

• Hi Brenda,

We're booked for March 2, 2012 and I am taking the lightest clothes I own. I did the same when we did Tauck's Vietnam and Cambodia and Egypt and Jordan tours. Don't forget a hat and lots of sunscreen as well as Deet. We also start taking pro-biotics weeks before we go and with every meal while we are traveling. I also took pepto-bismol tablets with every meal. We didn't get sick on either tour. Also, drink and brush your teeth with the bottled water which you are given.

Sheila
  • ]I'm going on the March 9 India trip and am still trying to figure out what to bring. I have long skirts and a log dress, capris and slacks. Are tops with a scoop neck acceptable? Are water proof shoes or sandals really needed? Any hints would be so very helpful! Thanks!
  • I'm wearing some scooped neck tanks with a light blouse to put over them when needed. I am also taking some scarves and a shawl for the restaurants at night. It's getting hot there now. We are leaving on Tuesday. Wish you a good trip. Your wardrobe sounds just right.

Sheila
  • Thanks for the info, ScorpioS! Have a wonderful trip! This is my first trip with Tauck! I've heard from friends how great they are. This was the only way I was going to India! I am looking forward to the trip and all the sights, sounds and food!
  • Thanks for your good wishes. Wish you a good time, also. This is trip number 18 for us with Tauck! Love how they handle everything.

Sheila
  • cali wrote:
    ]I'm going on the March 9 India trip and am still trying to figure out what to bring. I have long skirts and a log dress, capris and slacks. Are tops with a scoop neck acceptable? Are water proof shoes or sandals really needed? Any hints would be so very helpful! Thanks!
    water proof shoes totally unnecessary. Sandals just fine. Severals people wore golf sox with their sandals, as it is pretty dirty and dusty.
    Slax, capris, and skirts just fine. Blouses, or shirts with sleeves very acceptable. You can go sleeveless, but bring a light scarf to wrap around your shoulders for temples. Tops with scoops o,ay as long as they aren't too revealing. Nice tops and slap for evening wear. We all wore the various new purchases we made too. Bring a bathing suit. There are lots of lovely pools. Sun hat essential. Small backpack or bag to carry your camera and your water.
  • Oh, thank you for share. It is a information good.
This discussion has been closed.