What to wear

We are going on the Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Park tour Aug of 2012 and are wondering what kind of clothes to bring? Will it hot and do the men need sport jackets for dining?

Comments

• It can be quite warm in August, but I remember the mornings as being chilly .... so layers. I remember starting out with a sleeveless, light woollen top over the T, and losing the extra layer before lunch. You might want to pack something "nice " for the first and last nights. And I remember that dinner at the Lake Yellowstone Hotel as being a lovely affair. You don't need to dress Up ... anywhere, really, but you will want to change for dinner after a day of touring! I think "resort casual" is the appropriate phrase! If a sports jacket makes you feel comfortable, pack it. You (or your significant other) probably look/s good in it!

Cheers,

Jan
  • Wondering about appropriate dress at Grand America Hotel in SLC on the Yellowstone/Grand Tetons tour next month.
  • When I did this tour we stayed at the Hilton in SLC. I just googled the Grand American and it puts me in mind of an east coast Fairmont ... a grand old hotel like the Fairmont at Copley Square in Boston ... except of course the Fairmonts actually are grand old hotels, whereas the Grand American is a modern pastiche. I can't tell you what to wear, except that the web site makes the hotel look very posh and very 5 star, but being a SLC hotel the atmosphere will always be a little ... different. I guess smart might be the go, worn with a smile, after all, the fake hotel antique decor does look lovely!

Cheers,

Jan
This discussion has been closed.