Bellisima tour July 7 2012

First Tauck tour. We have mostly traveled on our own. Wondering about what to pack for evening. Sports jacket? How dressy? Looking forward to seeing beautiful sights and meeting wonderful people.

Comments

• edited June 2012
    I hope you have a great time. This is your first Tauck tour and, no doubt, will not be your last. Tauck is first-class all the way. We will be taking our Bellisima Italy tour Sept. 1. I do hope you will post your experiences upon your return.

Anyone joining us Sept. 1?
  • Joaneileen wrote:
    First Tauck tour. We have mostly traveled on our own. Wondering about what to pack for evening. Sports jacket? How dressy? Looking forward to seeing beautiful sights and meeting wonderful people.

Hello Joaneileen,

Your evening attire does not need to be too dressy, as it is more important to be comfortable. Khaki pants, Polo style shirts, skirts, and dresses are all okay. It is advisable to avoid wearing jeans, sneakers or shorts to dinner.

Hope the helps,
    Emily
  • edited July 2012
    Joaneileen and nyfeds,

Just returned July 3rd from Bellissima tour. Being your first tour with Tauck you will be extremely
    impressed. Jackets and skirts are suggested for your first and last evening group dinners, otherwise
    I suggest more casual wear for touring. Comfortable shoes, many streets composed of stones, and
    shorts or capris for walking tours. We had 11 days of sunshine with 4 days of 100 degrees.

Our Tauck tour director, Scott, provided us historical insight on the areas we would be visiting, and the city guides,
    who are passionate about Italian life and history, are excellent. Be prepared to stay in five star hotels,
    yet sometimes the hot water and air conditioning are not as Americans expect, and eat and drink your
    way thru northern Italy.

Another forum traveler suggested Lake Maggiore as her favorite part of the tour. I agree, yet each stop
    provided a memorable moment. But as a whole, we were a small group of 12, Bologna was not our favorite
    city. (Yet being of Italian descent and living in a large northeastern city, walking the streets of Bologna reminded
    me of shopping with my Italian grandmother). The fact it was 102 degrees did not help, but the Hotel Majestic is lovely as are all the other hotels. Our tour director's restaurant recommendations were always excellent and reasonable. Take electrical adapter for phone and Ipad chargers.

One more suggestion, if you enjoy opera or would like the experience of attending LaScala in Milan or
    Verona di Arena in Verona, look into purchasing tickets in advance of your trip. They can assist you at the
    hotels, but tickets are limited and you may have to purchase higher price tickets. You will need dress clothing for LaScala.

Enough of my comments, the name of the tour, Bellissima Northern Italy, says it all.

Arrevederci

This discussion has been closed.