Welcome to Tauck’s Best of the Canadian Rockies Forum

Welcome to Tauck’s Best of the Canadian Rockies Forum - Find the answers to your trip questions, answer questions posted by fellow travelers, plus share your Tauck experiences and stories. Stop by often and join in on the discussions.

Comments

• Welcome to Tauck’s Best of the Canadian Rockies Forum - Find the answers to your trip questions, answer questions posted by fellow travelers, plus share your Tauck experiences and stories. Stop by often and join in on the discussions.
  • Has anyone been on Tauck's Best of the Canadian Rockies? Would love to get a few first-hand accounts of the trip. We'll be going at the end of September 2011. Thanks!
  • I see you did this trip last year. We are going next month. Are therevany dress up nights? What did you pack? Cold at higher elevations?
  • I see you did this trip last year. We are going next month. Are therevany dress up nights? What did you pack? Cold at higher elevations?
    Hi Carol.
    We are on this tour June 8th. Any tips for future travelers on your recently completed journey?
    Thanks,
    John
  • We are booked on the Best of the Canadian Rockies Tour leaving July 15th....anyone else booked then? We would love to hear some feedback on the trip.
  • edited June 2012
    We are booked on the Best of the Canadian Rockies Tour leaving July 15th....anyone else booked then? We would love to hear some feedback on the trip.
    We just returned from our Best of Canadian Rockies trip. Here's the review you requested:
    Hotels: Superb
    Food & Service: Outstanding
    Scenery: Breathtaking
    We had "iffy" weather several days and even that couldn't take away from the beauty of the tour. Plenty of free time to explore (or golf as I did).
    If you are extending in Calgary, the food and view at the Calgary Tower was terrific...pricey but worth it. Also had a nice meal at the Keg, which is the Westin fine dining restaurant.
    Any question? Just ask. I'll be happy to answer them.
    John
  • We are booked on the July 13 tour and are wondering about the "upscale" rodeo on the first night. Is it outdoors or indoors? Our travel packet makes a general reference to a cocktail dress and coat and tie as a possibility for some evenings, but that doesn't feel right for a rodeo! Am trying not to overpack and don't want to pack formal attire if not needed. This is our first Tauck tour.
  • RQR wrote:
    We are booked on the July 13 tour and are wondering about the "upscale" rodeo on the first night. Is it outdoors or indoors? Our travel packet makes a general reference to a cocktail dress and coat and tie as a possibility for some evenings, but that doesn't feel right for a rodeo! Am trying not to overpack and don't want to pack formal attire if not needed. This is our first Tauck tour.
    The rodeo is definitely casual!
    I usually bring a sports coat on my Tauck tours (8 of them), but this is one of the trips where you don't need a sports coat or suit. The restaurants for the rest of the trip are all upscale and the food is fabulous, however, business casual is perfectly acceptable for all. If you are staying a night in Calgary, I recommend dinner at the Calgary Tower....terrific view and good food. Business casual just fine there too. Fairmont Hotels are outstanding and you are in for a real treat.
    John
  • Thank you, we appreciate the information and will definitely try the Calgary Tower as we will be in Calgary the night before. Am glad to know I can leave the formal wear at home and make more room for hiking boots!! Sounds like a fabulous trip, can't wait!
  • RQR wrote:
    We are booked on the July 13 tour and are wondering about the "upscale" rodeo on the first night. Is it outdoors or indoors? Our travel packet makes a general reference to a cocktail dress and coat and tie as a possibility for some evenings, but that doesn't feel right for a rodeo! Am trying not to overpack and don't want to pack formal attire if not needed. This is our first Tauck tour.
  • edited July 2012
    Hello,

I was just on this tour and attire is definitely casual for the first night at the rodeo.

Have a great time!

Hope this helps,
    Emily
This discussion has been closed.