Iceland 7/14

We're also arriving a day early and would like some suggestions for sightseeing prior to the start of the tour.
I'm so confused about what to pack I just emptied my closet. Just in case!

Comments

• My friend and I are arriving in Iceland a couple of days early and have booked a couple of additional tours that go to places Tauck doesn't. Check out Nature Explorers (Spectacular South tour in particular) or Grayline Iceland. Both have day tours. We also discovered the Hop On Hop Off bus in Reykjavik. One of the stops is the Nordica Hotel and we plan to use it to get around the city one day.
  • Definitely go to fishmarket restaurant in Reykjavik.
    great food and charming decor
    open for dinner
  • We may buy the Reykjavik Welcome Card - good for 24, 48 or 72 hours - and I think sold at our hotel (as well as other places). It provides unlimited free bus transit in at least 1 zone plus free admission to several museums & pools, as well as discounts at some shops. In an email from the Tourist Info Office, I was told that if you ride the bus twice, and visit at least 2 museums, it's cost-effective to buy the card. So either the Welcome Card or the Hop-On-Hop-Off bus pass might be good ideas for semi-structured sightseeing. We're looking forward to our trip.
  • Arriving a day early, too. Maybe hotel and/or Tauck pick up guide can advise us. See you there
This discussion has been closed.