Italian Lakes, Venice, Florence & Rome Tour Oct. 18, 2012

My husband and I will be celebrating our 50th Anniversary with Tauck on this trip. We have never been to Europe and this will be our first trip with Tauck. Several of our friends have traveled with Tauck and have only wonderful things to
say. We would love to make contact with others who plan to be on this trip beginning Oct,. 18, 2012.
Any information you seasoned travelers can give us will be much appreciated.
Thank you.

Comments

• This is a wonderful trip. I am taking it with my son and his family on Jul 5th. This is my second time to take this tour. Last time was two years ago with my daughter. Only advice I would offer is an extra day in Lugano is great because you are pretty wiped out after the trip especially if you are traveling from the West Coast (USA). Additionally, we stayed two extra days in Rome and could have used a third day to get it all in. One other suggestion - In Venice you can take a private boat tour around the entire place. We picked our boat up at the Rialto Bridge - Cost approx 90Euros for an hour for two people but worth every penny. Tauck is the best. Have a great 50th Wedding Anniversary Trip.
  • lxyldyhb wrote:
    This is a wonderful trip. I am taking it with my son and his family on Jul 5th. This is my second time to take this tour. Last time was two years ago with my daughter. Only advice I would offer is an extra day in Lugano is great because you are pretty wiped out after the trip especially if you are traveling from the West Coast (USA). Additionally, we stayed two extra days in Rome and could have used a third day to get it all in. One other suggestion - In Venice you can take a private boat tour around the entire place. We picked our boat up at the Rialto Bridge - Cost approx 90Euros for an hour for two people but worth every penny. Tauck is the best. Have a great 50th Wedding Anniversary Trip.

Thank you for the suggestions. We will definitely look into them and make the appropriate changes to our itinerary.
    DZINER.
  • edited July 2012
    For those staying on additional days in Venice, a few years ago we took two walking tours on our own with Walks Inside Venice. This company was quite good.
  • DZINER

We will be celebrating our 40th anniversary and will be on the same Italy trip as u. Also, it will be our first trip to Europe. See u there.
This discussion has been closed.