Airlines?

Which airline has the most comfortable business class and provides the best service traveling from New York to Italy?

I thank you in advance for any comments or recommendations that you may have.

Jay

Comments

• ...check out Luftansa......very good service.
  • edited August 2012
    Hi Jay,

I agree with Grand Isle Joe - Lufthansa offers a very nice Business Class service and seats are comfortable.

If you do decide to book with Lufthansa and you connect through Frankfurt, I strongly advise giving yourself 2 hour connection time, at minimum. The logistics of getting from one terminal to another can be very time-consuming, taking airport shuttles and such.

In addition, British Airways also offers a very nice and comfortable Business Class. However, ticket taxes are sky-high, even if redeeming frequent flier miles for award tickets. If you find their Business Class tickets cost-prohibitive, if you're purchasing tickets, another way to travel with British Airways would be booking World Traveler Plus, which is their economy plus cabin. Quite comfortable and a happy medium to Business Class and Economy. As with Lufthansa, give yourself enough connection times of at least 2 hour minimum when connecting through Heathrow.

Hope this has been helpful. Good luck!
  • We flew into Dusseldorf on Lufthansa (got the spelling correct this time :) ) and it is a smaller airport that is quite easy to use and from there you connect to smaller Lufthansa planes (think boeing 737). We could see Frankfurt out in the distance when we took off again.
  • edited August 2012
    You've been fortunate to connect through Dusseldorf rather than Frankfurt. We are flying from the West coast and using Mileage Plus frequent flier miles. The "luck of the draw" always seems to be a Frankfurt connection. Not the most user-friendly airport, but we try to make very good use of our miles and if we have to connect through Frankfurt, so be it. Other than the connection, Lufthansa offers a very good overall experience.
  • Thanks for all your suggestions. At least now I know why British Airlines is so expensive. It sounds like I will have to look into Lufthansa.

Jay
  • I would suggested you check out United.
    Their first class cabin include seats that lay flat and make a pretty good bed. I have used this service 3 times to Ireland and highly recommend.

I also will be using United this July for my Tauck Lakes, Venice, Florence, and Rome.
  • malcolm wrote:
    I would suggested you check out United.
    Their first class cabin include seats that lay flat and make a pretty good bed. I have used this service 3 times to Ireland and highly recommend.

I also will be using United this July for my Tauck Lakes, Venice, Florence, and Rome.

Thanks for the note Malcolm. I finally decided on Delta Airlines for trip in June. I will let you know how everything works out. I read some of the reviews and they seemed very positive.

Jay
This discussion has been closed.