Options

Men's dinner attire

Are jacket and ties actually required for dinner on the Tauck Classic Italy tour?

Comments

• Options
    Hello Tchau,

In Europe, especially in finer restaurants, it is generally customary to dress somewhat formally. A jacket and tie for men are acceptable dining attire but not required. It is advisable to avoid wearing jeans, sneakers or shorts for dinner. You may also wish to dress up a bit for the welcome reception and the farewell dinner, but by all means be comfortable.

I hope this helps,
    Emily
  • Options
    Tchau -

Just came back from the Classic Italy trip ten days ago, and a nice blazer/dress jacket will work anywhere, including with denim pants. I wore a tie a couple of times and was conspicuously overdressed (our previous Tauck trip had several functions with a tie strongly recommended). The Italians do dress VERY nicely but as a traveler you will do very well with a nice jacket over just about any kind of slacks, or even denim pants. My travel uniform is nice khaki shorts and a polo shirt, and I just tuck in my shirt and put on a nice sweater (if that) at all but the nicest restaurants. I was the only one with a tie at both the welcome and farewell dinners.

Steve
  • Options
    Tchau -

Just came back from the Classic Italy trip ten days ago, and a nice blazer/dress jacket will work anywhere, including with denim pants. I wore a tie a couple of times and was conspicuously overdressed (our previous Tauck trip had several functions with a tie strongly recommended). The Italians do dress VERY nicely but as a traveler you will do very well with a nice jacket over just about any kind of slacks, or even denim pants. My travel uniform is nice khaki shorts and a polo shirt, and I just tuck in my shirt and put on a nice sweater (if that) at all but the nicest restaurants. I was the only one with a tie at both the welcome and farewell dinners.

Steve

We've been on several Tauck tours and are booked for Classic Italy Sept. 12th. Although some men do wear jacket/tie, most do not that we have encountered. Blazer, sweater, or nice shirt sufficed everywhere, again depending on the trip and event. We have found generally that people are more underdressed than over...which is fine with us!
This discussion has been closed.