Options

Classic Italy Slide Program

Hi,

We took the Classic Italy Small Group tour in May, 2010 and it was wonderful.

I try to make slide programs of our trips andI created one tfor the Classic Italy Trip. You can view it at:

http://www.photodex.com/share/yelblvd

You will be asked to download a "Presenter" program. It is very safe (part of my Photodex software and even the teacher of my on-line photo class has the same software.) and only takes a few seconds to download.

Try to watch it full screen (click on the second box from the right bottom of the Photodex screen) and keep your sound on.

I hope that you enjoy it. You will be surprised at how much you will see on this trip.

Bev

Comments

• Options
    Planning to take this tour May 2013 - what's the weather in May, hot, cold, or "just right for walking"..??
  • Options
    Hi Bev,
    Thank you for posting the wonderful slides of your Tauck trip to Italy.
    The photos of the places we will see were great, flowers and gardens were beautiful,
    intro slides were very creative and the music added that special touch that said 'come to
    Italy right now'.

We will go on the Classic Italy Tour on Sept 12th and we are really looking forward to this trip.

We really enjoyed your slide presentation.
    Eileen

• Options
    Thank you Eileen for those kind words. The trip was fantastic. May or September is a wonderful time to go because although you will experience crowds everywhere, we were told that they were nothing like the crowds in July and August. One of the nice things about the individual tours is that we were given "whispers", a small box and earphones, from which one could hear the Guide's explanations without having to be in front of the group and unhampered by the surrounding noise.

Being in the Sistine Chapel after closing hours was a real highlight. We went in just before the closing bell and saw the wall to wall people getting ready to leave. We were told to stay by the wall until everyone left. Normally, you are not allowed to take photos, but as soon as the Chapel emptied out, bright lights came on and we were told that we could take pictures for 5 minutes. We were than given an interesting explanation of the Paintings and the history thereof. Since we were the only ones in the Chapel, we got a good look at everything without having people in front of us.

I don't know how the weather is in September, but we had very comfortable temperatures in May. Most of the time, it was comfortable in short sleeves, but occasionally I wore a fleece 3/4 long jacket. We are from Miami and are sensitive to the cold. We had quite a bit of rain in Rome, but it didn't distract because, almost everything was indoors except for the Forum and the Colosseum, where miraculously, the weather cleared. Of course, weather can change from year to year, but that was our experience.

You will both have a fantastic trip as only Tauck can make it so. We have a Danube River Cruise scheduled for May , 2013

Enjoy,

Bev
  • Options
    dbldee07 wrote:
    Planning to take this tour May 2013 - what's the weather in May, hot, cold, or "just right for walking"..??

We were on a May '12 Classic Italy Tour and we had a bit of almost every type of weather but, all in all, the weather was very pleasant and mild. In fact, our Tauck person was commenting on how nice the weather was. I think I used my umbrella once. Just plan on packing the usual travel attire of light layering.

In my opinion, May is the best month to travel in the temperate regions of the northern hemisphere. The only time we'll travel, say, in June is in Scandinavia.
  • Options
    Great slide show. I almost feel like I have already been there. We are doing the Classic Italy trip September 10th. Thanks.
  • Options
    Thank you for sharing. We are going on the classic Italy tour in September, 2012. Really enjoyed the slide show. Can I ask what type of camera you have or would recommend. We are going to purchase a new camera for the trip and I'm not sure what would be best for someone that is not mechanical at all. :)
  • Options
    I have a Canon Powershot G12 camera. You can either use it as an automatic "point shoot" or use individual settings. I need to have an eye focus, but if you can focus by using the display screen, and since you would probably be happy with a "point shoot" camera, you can probably find a cheaper camera (mine cost $500.00 when I bought it last year, but might be cheaper now). I like Canon cameras, but there are very many other good products out there.

A good reliable source for investigating a new camera is http://www.steves-digicams.com/camera-reviews/

He reviews just about all of the cameras available with pros and cons and conclusions.

• Options
    Bev,
    I'm interested in viewing some of your slide programs but when I download the "presenter program" and click on "watch slides", the "download presenter program" appears again. I've tried this a couple of times and not sure what I am doing wrong. I use a MacBook. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
  • Options
    I don't know if this will help, but I asked the question to "Pro Show" and this is the answer that I received.

http://kb.photodex.com/2981/how-to-run-proshow-on-a-mac/

Bev

• Options
    Bev, thank you. I will take a look.
    I actually took the Tauck Classic Italy tour almost 10 years ago. I've been on 7 Tauck tours and it's one of my favorites! They've all been very good however.
    Happy travels!
  • Options
    Happy Traveler,

We are booked for our 13th Tauck tour (a river boat cruise on the Danube) in May of 2013. Our Classic Italy trip was a Tauck small group trip. We also took the small group England, Scotland and Wales trip in August, 2011 and we willl try to take the Tauck small group tours from now on if they are available.

Enjoy your travels.

Bev
  • Options
    Hi Bev,
    Thank you so much for the information on the camera. We have actually owned canons for years. My last camera was a powershot 560 but I am ready for something better. Thank you also for the link to the camera reviews. We just got in the mail today our travel documents for our Classic Italy tour in September. Thank you once again for posting the slide show!

Rosemary
  • Options
    byelen wrote:
    Hi,

We took the Classic Italy Small Group tour in May, 2010 and it was wonderful.

I try to make slide programs of our trips andI created one tfor the Classic Italy Trip. You can view it at:

http://www.photodex.com/share/yelblvd

You will be asked to download a "Presenter" program. It is very safe (part of my Photodex software and even the teacher of my on-line photo class has the same software.) and only takes a few seconds to download.

Try to watch it full screen (click on the second box from the right bottom of the Photodex screen) and keep your sound on.

I hope that you enjoy it. You will be surprised at how much you will see on this trip.

Bev

Bev, I just viewed your slide program and it was wonderful - thank you. We are on Classic Italy Sept. 12, and though our 4th Tauck trip, my first to Italy. Your show gave me a good flavor of what to expect and loved the music and artistic touches you gave to it.

I have several questions for you and would love to email you if at all possible privately. My email is: lindaalexander4@comcast.net (we live in NJ, but used to live in Miami!) if you don't mind getting in touch.

Also, we just did Tauck's Blue Danube rivercruise last September if you have any questions - wonderful!

Linda
  • Options
    byelen wrote:
    I have a Canon Powershot G12 camera. You can either use it as an automatic "point shoot" or use individual settings. I need to have an eye focus, but if you can focus by using the display screen, and since you would probably be happy with a "point shoot" camera, you can probably find a cheaper camera (mine cost $500.00 when I bought it last year, but might be cheaper now). I like Canon cameras, but there are very many other good products out there.

A good reliable source for investigating a new camera is http://www.steves-digicams.com/camera-reviews/

He reviews just about all of the cameras available with pros and cons and conclusions.

I have a Canon Powershot S95 and love it. Very easy to use as a point and shoot and takes great photos.

Linda
  • Options
    The weather on our trip was comfortable (I brought a fleece Jacket and it was all that I needed) However we had a lot of rain showers in Rome, so an umbrella or a rain coat is recommended. Think about layering because the weather changes with location. You will enjoy this trip. Everything about it was exceptional. We will be on the Danube River trip in May 2013 and we have the same weather concerns that you do.

Have a wonderful trip.

Bev
This discussion has been closed.