Do they have wi if?

I know that they do provide Internet service but how about wi if? Actually I have several questions do we need to dress up for dinner on the boat?? Anyone use laundry service?

Comments

• We travelled Amsterdam to Budapest last September on M S Treasures and the WiFi coverage was excellent. Just don't expect coverage at the bottom of a lock. Dressing up for dinner is a personal thing and many on this board will remember my discussions on that subject before we left. We never saw a jacket at a regular dinner but some men did wear a coat to the Captains welcome and farewell dinners but were way outnumbered by those who didn't. As for the concert in Vienna about half the men wore a coat. We used the laundry service twice and found it to be ultra efficient but a tad expensive.

If you wish to ask me any questions please do so using this forum or you may wish to email me at rodmky@optusnet.com.au
  • We did the first Rhine-Mosel cruise of this season (May). Wi-fi is available but can be pretty slow, especially during high traffic times. You have a data limit so sending and receiving picture should be reserved for when you get home. The ship has to use satellite access so access can be spotty in remote areas of the rivers.

Most cruisers didn't "dress" for dinner. The reception on the first day is relaxed since many people are still trying to orient themselves after a long flight. Some wore nice casual while others threw on a coat. A couple wore ties. The only dress-up night was the Captains farewell dinner when many of us wore coats and ties while others were elegantly casual. Whatever you wear, you'll fit in and be welcomed.
  • We just completed the Rhine and Moselle River cruise in July and had a fantastic time. What can I say, Tauck was our host. We have taken six trips with Tauck and have never been disappointed. In answer to your wifi question - yes it is available but sketchy. It works best near a town and not on the river but there is still plenty of opportunity to keep in touch. Tauck will provide you with login information if you ask. As for dinner, dress up is nice but not expected in the words of our tour director. Most women wore slacks or capris although you probably want to skip the capris for October. Some women changed for dinner others did not. Mix and match works great. The men were casual as well. Jeans and khakis were the rule but shorts did appear. For the "formal" dinner half the men wore sport coats and half of them wore a tie. The rest were casual. Enjoy your trip!
This discussion has been closed.