Options

Barcelona Itinerary Question

In the brochure listing for the 2nd day of this tour it says "...driving to seaside Montjuic, site of the 1992 Olympics, and Gaudí’s still-unfinished la Sagrada Família..."

As best I can tell, la Sagrada Família in not in Montjuic.

I'm trying to ascertain which sights in Barcelona are covered on the tour so I know which ones I need to plan to do on my own...

Can anyone advise if the tour does indeed go to la Sagrada Família or, just to the Gothic Quarter and Montjuic sites?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2011
    Hi Spinntx,

No, the Sagrada Familia isn't in Montjuic. What the brochure is saying is: "...driving to seaside Montjuic, site of the 1992 Olympics, and to Gaudi's still-unfinished la Sagrada Familia..."

La Sagrada Familia is covered in the driving tour of Barcelona, and located, specifically, in the Eixample district.

The city tour ends at 1 PM, and you will have the rest of the afternoon and evening to explore the city on your own.

Best,
    Tim
  • Options
    will this tour actually be going into the Sagrada Familia or just see it from the outside?
  • Options
    Bumping estrauss' question re: whether we will go into La Sagrada Familia or just drive by - in hopes of getting a reply.
  • Options
    Bump, please. WIll we drive by or enter? Thank you!
  • Options
    I went last year, and we did go inside La Sagrada Familia.
  • Options
    Back to Spinntx original posts, we also will arrive in Barcelona a few days ahead of our September tour and would appreciate recommendations on Barcelona activities, restaurants, etc that will not be included in the Tauck tour. Suggestions???
  • Options
    We were just there in April. A must see which Tauck didn't do was the Palau de la Música Catalana (http://www.palaumusica.org/). They have English guided tours and one of our great regrets is that there was no concert scheduled while we were there. You might also consider the Miro Museum, the Picasso Museum and Casa Mila. If you do go, try to get tickets online before hand. Also, although it duplicates some of the Tauck city tour, the BusTouristic is a great way to get an overview of the city as well as allowing for getting off and getting on again.
  • Options
    Regarding things to do in Barcelona that are not on the Tauck Tour, I would add Park Guell - a park containing Gaudi constructions.
This discussion has been closed.