Options

Medications & Vitamins

The Tauck site recommends that perscription medications be in the original container. It further says that we should bring a copy of the perscription or a letter from the doctor stating what was perscribed. Since my perscriptions are all handled electronically, I don't have a copy. I hate to pay to have my doctor write a letter. Is that really necessary?
Also what about bringing vitamins or supplements that are not perscription. Will those be okay?

Comments

• Options
    I can't speak specifically to Asia, since I haven't been there, but when I've traveled to Europe all I take is prescription medications in the original container and vitamins/supplements in a generic pill box/container. I've never been questioned over not having a copy of the prescription or a letter from my doctor. I've never even had them look twice at any medication or vitamins.
  • Options
    Hello 4snooze,

We recommend that prescription medications be in the original containers and for a doctor's letter just in case, someone looses their medication, run out of medication, or forget them somewhere while on tour. Of course that being said, it's up to you as to how you want contain your medication. We do strongly suggest that you keep all your prescription medication in your carry-on bags, and keep your doctor's contact information and a list of your medications with your travel documents just in case.

It might also be handy, to give a list of your medications and you doctor's contact info to your emergency contact to have as well.

Vitamins and supplements that are not prescription are perfectly fine to take on your journey.

I hope this helps,
    Emily
  • Options
    Thanks for the added information.
This discussion has been closed.