Cuba

I will be going to Cuba on the 7 Nov 2012 trip (single). This will be my 5th trip with Tauck. Is there anyone else going on that trip? I have read most of the forums which is greatly helpful. My question regarding art (bringing back), I understand there are beautiful EMPTY hand carved cigar boxes that can be purchased. Would that be considered art in the eyes of our dear US Customs? Thank you Mary

Comments

• Helllo MLBH,

Virtually any artwork is acceptable going through US Customs - posters, fine art, hand crafts, wood carving, etc. The red flags they (US Customs) are looking for are cigars and rum; I wouldn't even attempt to bring those back.

Hope this helps,
    Emily
  • I was able to successfully bring home a hand-crafted cigar box (humidor) without issue back in April, so I would guess that you wouldn't have an issue as well. The cigar box however, was definitely empty.
    MLBH wrote:
    I will be going to Cuba on the 7 Nov 2012 trip (single). This will be my 5th trip with Tauck. Is there anyone else going on that trip? I have read most of the forums which is greatly helpful. My question regarding art (bringing back), I understand there are beautiful EMPTY hand carved cigar boxes that can be purchased. Would that be considered art in the eyes of our dear US Customs? Thank you Mary
This discussion has been closed.