Small Group Classic Italy

My husband and I are going on the Sept 16 trip and would very much like to meet fellow travelers online. We live in Vienna Virginia and this is our second Tauck tour. Went down the Rhine 2 summers ago. This is off the wall but: Magellans Catalog sells disposable underwear that I tested out on a Costa Rica trip we just went on. These undies are great and I did not even dispose of them. Very strong and cool for Italy, I would suggest. Dry very fast. Hope to hear from someone. mls

Comments

• My wife and I are also going on the Sept 16th trip.We are arriving 1 day early to adjust to time change. We live in Beaverton Or and would like to meet some of the other travlers.
  • We arrive a day early Saturday arriving into Naples arr 4:15 from Munich. Perhaps we will be on the same flight. I see you folks fish; we also are crazy about fishing on the Chesapeake Bay in Southern Virginia. We have something in common. Mary Lou and Jim
  • Great to hear from you.We arrive Sat 9/15 at 2:15 from Rome. Just got back from fishing for salmon had a great trip.Roger and Barbara
  • Roger and Barbara, we look forward to meeting you at the hotel somewhere and sometime. We will keep a lookout for you. Look for us; we will look tired!!!!!!!!! We fish for Spanish mackeral, flounder and rockfish in the Bay so we look forward to learning all about salmon. Right now we are hoping there are no hurricanes on the East coast while we are gone. Mary Lou and Jim
  • Mary Lou and Jim we also will be looking tired.Hope to meet up with you.If youn want to talk vis e mail instead of this form our e mail is barbrogm@comcast.net

Roger
  • thescrivs wrote:
    My husband and I are going on the Sept 16 trip and would very much like to meet fellow travelers online. We live in Vienna Virginia and this is our second Tauck tour. Went down the Rhine 2 summers ago. This is off the wall but: Magellans Catalog sells disposable underwear that I tested out on a Costa Rica trip we just went on. These undies are great and I did not even dispose of them. Very strong and cool for Italy, I would suggest. Dry very fast. Hope to hear from someone. mls
  • fishingnut wrote:
    Great to hear from you.We arrive Sat 9/15 at 2:15 from Rome. Just got back from fishing for salmon had a great trip.Roger and Barbara
  • I am going on the Classic Italy tour on a different date, but have some questions about Italy that maybe you can answer! This is our first Tauck Tour and our first visit to Italy.

Do the hotels have adapters for recharging camera batteries, iPads and iPhones? I would hate to ruin my devices!
    How do you keep in touch with friends and family in the states? Should I rely on email or should I get a global telephone plan? I was in Europe 10 years ago and things have changed!

My credit card company does not charge foreign transaction fees for purchases.
    What should I do about carrying cash? Should we exchange US dollars here before we leave or wait until we get to Italy? Is there much need for cash? Last time I had an HSBC ATM card with no fees. I can't seem to find anything now with no fees!

This discussion has been closed.