iPad on CanyonLands Trip?

Getting to the packing thoughts for the September 22 CanyonLands trip.. Two questions: Do people get some opportunities to connect to wifi and enjoy having their iPads along? Also: Considering using my small wheeled carry on for the flight to Phoenix to make trip easier for me. Will that be a problem on taking it from my room daily and storing it in bus hold along with my bigger "base" suitcase? Thanks ahead for your advice...Emag17

Comments

• Hi, I went a year ago August. There is wifi in some of the hotels and lodges I believe. I don't recall that anyone had an ipad but times have changed with technology even in one year. Once you are with Tauck they handle all of the luggage. You leave it in the room and they will pick it up and put it under. I had a very large suitcase and a small train case which both went under. I would think there would be room but I would check with them. It probably might have to do with a full tour. Not sure about that. However, the trip is wonderful. Enjoy.
  • On any Tauck tour I have taken two pieces of luggage. One large suitcase and my wheeled carryon !! There was never a problem.
  • Hello kcfromkc,

A large suitcase and a wheeled carry-on will be fine.

In regards to wi-fi, not all the properties we stay at will have internet access. Here is the breakdown:

Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North - High Speed Internet Access in rooms - surcharge
    Westin Kierland Resort & Spa - High Speed Internet Access - complimentary
    Kachina - No Internet Acess
    Lake Powell Resort - No Interent Access
    Bryce Canyon Lodge - No Internet Access
    Zion Lodge - Complimentary Wireless Internet in lobby & guestrooms
    The Four Seasons Las Vegas - High Speed Internet Access in rooms - $14.99 / day

You can also ask your Tour Director on tour if there are any wi-fi hotspots. I am sure they will know.

Hope this helps,
    Emily
This discussion has been closed.