testing reequirements

Anyone have information on covid testing to get to the islands? It looks like you are required a negative test before boarding the plane in the states and then another before boarding the plane to the islands. I'm assuming Tauck will cover the test in Ecuador since we are already on the tour. Unclear about the timing of the test in the states- looks like 72 hours.

Comments

• edited January 2022

You can look for the LATEST requirement on the government’ website for Ecuador and keep looking right up until you leave for your trip. Sometimes Tauck’s information on their website is not up to date.
    Here is everything you need. https://ecuador.travel/en/travel-safe-in-ecuador-2/

• So the negative PCR test required for entry to Ecuador is to be done within 72 hours;however if your test is done closer than that before you arrive,it is possible to avoid the second test required before you board the plane to Ecuador.Some on our tour including us did not need the second test because we fell within the time frame for both.The second test is administered by Tauck at the hotel and that is an antigen test.

• Thanks for the information. I've been waiting for the digital green book to arrive. I haven't checked the Ecuador site yet. Fingers crossed to go in Feb.

• Things can change quickly for better or worse;As British suggested keep checking different websites;we travelled on Dec1 when Ecuador implemented negative PCR test for fully vaccinated travelers.Tauck called us the day before our departure;we spent $200 per test at the airport.Result was available in half an hour.We did not have to be tested again till our return.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file