Grand Australia and New Zealand

My husband and I are on the Feb 25 2013 tour. Anyone else on that tour? We arrive a day early and are staying an extra day in Auckland. Any suggestions?

Comments

• edited September 2012
    We're going on the December 10 tour. Also arriving a day early and leaving a day later, so interested in ideas for things to to then and on free day in Sydney.

Looking forward to our fourth continent with Tauck.
  • My husband and I are on the November tour and fly out of Dulles, Virginia on the 24th. We are so excited! This will be our second Tauck tour, as we toured Tanzania in 2011 with Tauck. We loved every minute of it.
  • My husband and I have signed up for one of the March, 2013 tours. We are arriving several days early in Melbourne and we have independent tours set up for the Ocean Road Tour, a winery tour, a tour called "Savannah Walkabout", and a tour going to see the penguins on Phillip Island (plus some other things). In Sydney on the "free day" we are going into the Blue Mountains. We are extending our trip for a few days in Auckland and are going to Waitomo Caves and also taking the ferry over to Rangitoto Island before we fly out to the Bay of Islands for a few final days. Hope these suggestions are helpful!! Is anyone planning on doing the Harbor Bridge Climb in Sydney?
  • We are going on the October 29, 2012 Tour and are in Melbourne 2 days early. the Great Ocean Road Tour with "A Tour With a Difference" was recommended to us by a couple who went last year same time and they loved it. You need all day from about 7:30am to about 8:30 pm. They pick you up and drop you off at hotel and it includes the Twelve Apostles and so many other things, including a Vegamite/tea stop, lunch and dinner. We have reserved and they are very responsive via e-mail.

In Sydney, we will have a full day to ourselves so people living there have recommended taking the ferry to Manley Beach. Still figuring our options.

By the way, we are from the Philly suburbs; are heading to LA a day early to miss any bad connections, and will arrive in Melbourne on the 27th if anyone else is on that tour.
  • CL and DL wrote:
    We are going on the October 29, 2012 Tour and are in Melbourne 2 days early. the Great Ocean Road Tour with "A Tour With a Difference" was recommended to us by a couple who went last year same time and they loved it. You need all day from about 7:30am to about 8:30 pm. They pick you up and drop you off at hotel and it includes the Twelve Apostles and so many other things, including a Vegamite/tea stop, lunch and dinner. We have reserved and they are very responsive via e-mail.

Oh dear! We don't generally force feed foreigners Vegemite!;) Unless they have been particularly mean about us. I'm sure they will offer you something else more palatable to you. We, of course, would think this was the best thing since sliced bread! And just the neatest thing to have on a day trip to one of the most stunning coastlines in the world.

Whatever you have for a snack along the way, you will have a wonderful day. Enjoy it all!

Cheers,

Jan
This discussion has been closed.