Options

Michigan’s Lakes and Mackinaw Island 2022

We’re joining Michigan Lakes and Mackinaw Island mid July 2022. Anyone with us? Any suggestions?

Comments

• Options

We did the Cruising Great Lakes tour in 2019 which included stops in Traverse City, Mackinac Island and Detroit. Since you are on a land tour, you will probably be able to explore these places to a greater extent than we did. We were very impressed with The Henry Ford and hope to go back some time to see more of the museum than what we were able as a shore excursion. Part of our time there was a guided tour with some additional time (not enough for us) to explore on our own. We then walked to Greenfield Village - we got some direction from our TD, but not a guided tour. You may want to learn about exhibits in advance so if you are on your own, you have a better idea of how you want to spend your time. Most of our time on Mackinac Island was guided and we thoroughly enjoyed it. We had lunch at the Grand Hotel which was quite an experience. We also had some time to explore on our own. There was a little church down the street from the Grand Hotel called the Little Stone Church. It was very plain inside, except for the stained glass windows - I included a picture of one below. We have also been to Frankenmuth twice on our own - the last time was almost 20 years ago. They may take you to Bronner's, but quite frankly, I found the smaller shops much more enjoyable. I have a Santa Claus collection and a few came from there. Have a great trip!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file