Options

VietNam, Cambodia, Laos-Oct. 2012

My husband and I are scheduled to take this trip in October. We've been concerned about the comments on the trip--has Tauck made any modifications to address those concerns??

Comments

• Options
    Hello Pepper123,

We have made some modifications to the tour, for example deciding to drive from Can Tho to Chau Doc and board the speedboat there rather than taking the speedboat all the way from Can Tho to Phnom Penh. This eliminates about 3 to 4 hours off the speedboat ride.

We will also looking into the possibility of taking our guests back to Saigon and fly from Saigon to Phnom Penh. This would completely eliminate the speedboat.

Is there anything specifically that concerns you?

Hope this helps,
    Emily
  • Options
    My husband and I were seriously considering taking this tour in 2013. However, we are definitely reconsidering based on not only the Tauck reviews, but of TripAdvisor reviews of the Palais Juliana, as well. It does seem the hotel is where I'd like my last memory of Indochina to be from. We were just on the Tauck Russian Glories Baltic Treasures tour; and we felt, there, too, one day was simply getting from here to there and left about a half a day in Tallinn and a half a day in Helsinki. No one on the trip thought it was fun or interesting. It seemed pointless and we don't want to go through that again. Glad to hear the speedboat length will be modified. Hope some of the other glitches are changed, including hotel. I'd like to hear from travellers who went more recently to see what changes were made before we sign up.
  • Options
    We just received notice of the following changes which address the issues many of us have raised. We leave early January 2013.

Enhancement #1: As described in our promotional literature, our normally featured
    accommodations for the nights of Day 8 and 9 have been at the Victoria Can Tho Resort in Can
    Tho, Vietnam. This stay in Can Tho was selected in part because it positioned our groups
    conveniently for their boat ride along the Mekong River from Can Tho to Phnom
    Penh,Cambodia, on Day 10. However, this riverboat ride was rather lengthy and time
    consuming, resulting in a late afternoon arrival into Phnom Penh.
    To reduce the duration of this riverboat ride by several hours, and allow your group to arrive in
    Phnom Penh in time for lunch, we are instead shifting our accommodations for Nights 8 and 9
    from the Victoria Can Tho Resort in Can Tho to the four-star Victoria Chau Doc Hotel in Chau
    Doc, Vietnam. As indicated by their common name, both hotels are operated by Victoria Hotels
    & Resorts, so your stay in Chau Doc will provide you with the same high levels of amenities and
    service. And of course, the change in accommodations will also make for a shorter and more
    enjoyable cruise to Phnom Penh and additional time to explore the city. (This change in hotels
    also means that your group will visit a morning market near your hotel in Chau Doc on Day 9,
    rather than visiting a similar market in Can Tho.)

Enhancement #2: The final two nights of your journey, as noted in our promotional literature,
    normally feature accommodations at the Le Palais Juliana hotel in Luang Prabang, Laos.
    However, due to availability issues and other concerns, we have decided to instead provide
    accommodations for your group at the beautiful Luang Say Residence on Nights 14 and 15. A
    member of the prestigious Small Luxury Hotels of the World collection, the Luang Say
    Residence is set amid three-and-a-half acres of lush tropical gardens. We’re sure your time
    there will be a fun and memorable part of your journey.
This discussion has been closed.